I hate nuts and seeds!

Options
I've been looking through the form trying to find suggestions for healthy snacks other than fruit and veg, and all I seem to ever find is suggestions of nus, seeds and peanut butter. I hate all these things!!

Does anyone else share my hatred?
Does anyone have any other healthy (preferably low carb) snack ideas?

Replies

• Strong_like_Donkey_Kong
    Options
    low fat/fat free cottage cheese is good..... or non-fat greek yogurt. it's pretty low carb (7 grams carbohydrate per serving) and LOTS of protein.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    and we are friends???? We seriously need to have a chat lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    As a friend once said..." Man up and work through the hate until it is love (like girls and anal sex)"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been looking through the form trying to find suggestions for healthy snacks other than fruit and veg, and all I seem to ever find is suggestions of nus, seeds and peanut butter. I hate all these things!!

Does anyone else share my hatred?
    Does anyone have any other healthy (preferably low carb) snack ideas?

boiled egg!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    As a friend once said..." Man up and work through the hate until it is love (like girls and anal sex)"

You have a very wise friend...
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and tuna come to mind.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I used to never like almonds, but damned if they aren't one of my favorites now. I don't buy the roasted ones, I buy the raw all natural ones. No salt, no nothing. You definitely do get used to them!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

You have a very wise friend...

She has her moments.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Cheese is good. Here is a link to some snack ideas:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/snack_recipes.html
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love,love, love nuts and seeds :smile: , but am trying not to eat many because they are so high in calories. It is hard to find high protein snacks. I do use tuna with a smidge of light mayo. Slim Fast used to make a low-carb "shake" that was tasty, but it did contain artificial sweeteners which some people are opposed to. I would not suggest their "high protein" shake… it was pretty nasty I thought, but they did have one labeled specifically "low carb". Kellogg makes an okay high protein shake. You could read lots of labels on protein bars to be sure you're getting a healthy one. You could also get protein powder and mix it with water or milk. I definitely think they taste better with fat-free milk, but you're adding carbs… but really I think it makes a nice protein/carb balance. I'm not really in favor of "high protein" diets… I think everything in balance is the trick, along with quality and moderation, unless you are an individual that just happens to have special dietary needs.

Good luck!