Smaller serving dish..

Options
I had some ice cream the other day, instead of putting it in a big bowl, I decided to put it in a cup, it filled up the cup but it was a smaller portion than what I would normally scoff back, once I had finished, I felt satisfied, and I felt like I didn't need more... If I do have it in a bigger bowl, but same portion, about one cup, I feel like I want more.. and then I eventually go back for more. Does anyone else do this? I suggest you try it :) I'm not sure why it happens, but it's awesome , I can have a sweet treat without feeling like I've binged!

Replies

• LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do this too :)

I eat off a smaller plate.

We have 3 sizes of plates - small dessert, a little bigger, and large dinner plates.
    I always eat off the middle one or small one.

I find the bigger the plate, the more i take and eat.
    I rarely take seconds so i finish a middle plate and thats it, which is like half the food of a large plate
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i do this too :) sometimes i use my toddler's "munchkin" bowls...that sucker is overflowing and i pretend that i tricked myself and that it worked - and more often than not it does :)
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    I do this too :)

I eat off a smaller plate.

We have 3 sizes of plates - small dessert, a little bigger, and large dinner plates.
    I always eat off the middle one or small one.

I find the bigger the plate, the more i take and eat.
    I rarely take seconds so i finish a middle plate and thats it, which is like half the food of a large plate

yeah it's true really :) it's really good for controlling how much I eat, possibly a mind thing.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I always fix my dessert in pretty dish so I feel special and yes buying a smaller plate helps.
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    WOW amazing weight loss southern sister, you look fantastic :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've been eating off a smaller plate for about a year (9") AND not going back for seconds. I also measure/weigh most of my food. The serving size for mashed potatoes is 1/2 cup. That doesn't seem like much until you measure it and realize that it is indeed a normal human sized portion. Same goes for icecream.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yep me too - I use a small bowl or cup, and also a small spoon so it lasts longer :)