November Shred-It Challenge Day 2

Options
Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I'll be the first to say it - I woke up feeling a litte sore today! Feels great though!

Day 1 Summary - I came in under my caloric intake, drank lots of water, and had a great workout, of course!

How did everyone else do?

Keep it up!

Replies

• lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The word of today for everyone who is doing this challenge will be: SORE!!!!

I found myself saying out loud (to no one in particular) "I'm going to kick this broad in the head!" .... Once I was done though, I felt amazing =) ... Even went to the gym to do 2.4 miles on the treadmill (about 50% of it was UPHILL!) ... and another 2.4 miles on the bike.

And even though I am sore, It's not too bad to keep me from doing day 2 !! woohoooo letsss gooo!

GOODLUCK EVERYONE!
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    Did it but only partially as both my kids have come down with the stomach flu - ARGHHH - everytime I try and start something!!!! Hopefully I don't get it too :(
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was sooo determined to do day 1 yesterday, but then I got super nauseous from some meds I'm taking this week... so I couldnt :sad:

BUT I got up early this morning to do it so the meds cant get in the way. Now I cant find my stupid remote and my dvd player wont let me do it manually :noway:

I mean can you say sabotage! So I wont to youtube to watch it cuz the whole level 1 use to be on there but its not now, theres only like the first 5 min. So I did that.... I am going to kick some serious booty when I can actually START this workout!
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    L1 D4 complete!! You all will definitely be hurting the first 3 days!! Today is the first day that I could move without grimacing. I felt great this morning and could do more push ups then yesterday. :) I will try to post my measurements tonight...didnt get around to it yesterday!
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    The word of today for everyone who is doing this challenge will be: SORE!!!!

I found myself saying out loud (to no one in particular) "I'm going to kick this broad in the head!" .... Once I was done though, I felt amazing =) ... Even went to the gym to do 2.4 miles on the treadmill (about 50% of it was UPHILL!) ... and another 2.4 miles on the bike.

And even though I am sore, It's not too bad to keep me from doing day 2 !! woohoooo letsss gooo!

GOODLUCK EVERYONE!

Ha ha ...yeah, sore is an understatement!! I definitely wanted to punch her in the face on days 2 and 3!!!
  • micmac327
    Options
    YAHOO! Managed to squeeze in my Shred-It workout before noon. Felt great. I have a feeling I'm going to wake up tomorrow extemely stiff and sore.
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just about to do D2L1. I'm pacing myself as I have never done this before and will do L1 for 10 days and progress from there!
    I feel sore in all the right places and know if I keep it up my body will adapt (having a nice hot soak after never hurt either!)
    Back after Shredding . . ..

Happy Shredding!
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I struggle with a few things. I usually just run or take classes so I haven't done anything with weights in a really long time. Always afraid of bulking up. Although, I am going to try to add an evening run to see if that helps me get the results I want.

Pushups are the enemy. I think I was worse at them today than I was yesterday. Shoulder press isn't much fun either, but I am fine with the squats. Chest flys are really easy for me so to make it harder I lift my butt as high as I can. It also helps me to keep my abs tight that way as well.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did D5 L1 today and I promise the pain goes away from about day 4 :-) you are all doing really great just keep going!
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Day 3 finished and feels great!
  • FitChic13
    Options
    I did D5 L1 today and I promise the pain goes away from about day 4 :-) you are all doing really great just keep going!

Thanks for the info! I feel great! Sore from yesterday but I haven't done weights consistently for some time. As long as it is gone by Day 10 cause on day 11 I'm planning for Level 2!
    :smile:

Lisa
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am done with day 2. I will tell you that my legs and abs are soo sore though. I feel like an idiot though. I can't do a pushup not even Anita's modified version. I have to modify it myself. I also can't seem to do the bicycle crunch so I just do the regular crunch for now.
  • FitChic13
    Options
    I am done with day 2. I will tell you that my legs and abs are soo sore though. I feel like an idiot though. I can't do a pushup not even Anita's modified version. I have to modify it myself. I also can't seem to do the bicycle crunch so I just do the regular crunch for now.

Hey Starlight - Don't beat yourself up - Let Jillian do that :smile: I'm not 100% either. I'm doing modified jumping jacks cause I had a knee injury. The key is to push yourself to your potential and DON'T compare yourself to others! At the end of 30 Days you will look back on Day 2 and go WOW I've come so far . . .

Go Girl!

Lisa :smile:
  • lilroo82
    Options
    L1D2 done! Seemed a bit harder today than yesterday thanks to sore legs and shoulders. Thought I didn't ache too bad when I got up, but it got worse through the day, probably not helped by a few hours of shopping :happy:

Still can't do press ups, not sure i'll ever be able to do them!
  • kathe01
    Options
    Woke up with a horrible headache, thought working out would make it go away, I thought wrong. I looked eveywhere fot g tje ibuprofen. Finally found it and took a rest. Thr only place thsts really sore is my arn pits from the push ups.
  • Ash091512
    Options
    [/quote]

Ha ha ...yeah, sore is an understatement!! I definitely wanted to punch her in the face on days 2 and 3!!!
    [/quote]

I WAS punching her on day 2. every time we were doing punches, i was directing them at her face at the tv screen!
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Found the remote and did L1D1. wasnt as hard as it has been in the past but boy did it feel good! I feel like going for a jog and raking the rest of my yard!

For everyone that is on day 2, which is proble everyone but me LOL, tomoro will proble be the worst day with regards to soreness, due to delayed onset in your muscles. But we can do it!! :happy:
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    L1 D1 -- I was under my calories and felt great to get the shred in before bed, except I was feeling restless all night.

L1 D2 -- Complete! Cooking dinner currently, need to drink lots of water tonight, trying to stay hydrated.

Keep it up everybody!!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D1 and I'm ready die. But I know I really need to work on my cardio and endurance so I'm glad I started doing this. I just wish I had two weights because I read somewhere you only needed 1 and that made things difficult :-/ This weekend I'm going to buy another :) Don't worry cbinne, I'm behind too. And to be honest I'll probably get gradually farther behind as we go because I'll need to take days off for work or excessive homework. I will finish though!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 30DS is done! Holy am I ever sore today!!! It hurts to move haha
    Well went practicum hunting today and didnt eat untill I got back! Grabbed some subway-so good!

I am struggling with my water intake though, I need to do what I did before, get a big water bottle and fill it up twice or how many ever times I need. I know it did the trick before.

I have 600 cals left for the night. I need to eat them all right? I was thinking some rice, and a skinnycow ice cream sandwich...

oh and I am doing the shred without dumbbells right now...I will pick some up soon though. Wow, I would be even sorer haha