"If every day were like today....."

Options
"If every day were like today... You'd weigh 193.7 lbs in 5 weeks"
UM FN HELLO! It's been a lot longer than 5 weeks and hmmmm, not even close. Stupid thing.

Edit: I hit enter too soon, has anyone else found that this ticker thingy is way off? I don't like completing my entries anymore because it's just a reminder of how I'm obviously failing "every day"

I know it's a pre-made tool, but it's still frustrating. Sorry for the vent.

Replies

• PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Same here, I think I get that weight too. Nasty, evil thing.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bummer :frown: are you having plateaus or setbacks of any kind ?? mine are usually fairly close to what it says in 5 weeks..good luck, and dont be discouraged:flowerforyou:
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    yeah those don't work
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    It's been pretty accurate for me. :)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I thought those estimations were a load of b0ll0cks as well but when I looked back and checked against progress, bugger me they were pretty close to the mark!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    its calculated purely on the calorie deficit and the type of foods that day it doesn't take into account different days and is just a guide in a perfect world but as we all know weight loss isn't a perfect world
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yea... I'm a fail too lol it's been 4 weeks since I've been back in the game and I'm still the same weight :(
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good if they did a "If every week were like this week......" might give a better idea of where you'd be.
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that my 'if every day..' has gone down by the amount i have lost in comparison to when it 1st said it. i have been doing this about a month now and it seems to be 5 kg (ish) lower than my current weight. i look back and feel chuffed that when i started and it told me how much i would weigh 'in 5 weeks'
    its about half a kg out from the original goal but i am still happy as i know i have lost some kg.
    just keep an eye on it and make it your incentive to keep going :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good if they did a "If every week were like this week......" might give a better idea of where you'd be.

Good thinking!
  • msumom8689
    msumom8689 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and I kind of like that feature. If I have a day when I really exceed my calories, it reminds me that if I keep it up this is where I'll be in 5 weeks. It reminds me to get back on track.
  • cdykes3
    Options
    I agree, it's frustrating. But it's been serving as motivation for me to be honest. And it's also a "perfect case" scenario. As we all know, weight loss and whatnot are very far from perfect!! But keep it up and keep going! Maybe it's time for a plateau buster!!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've been on for 8 months now...and get excited when it tells me what I would weigh if I kept my calories at the mark I had. PRetty accurate for me as well....had much success.....lost 56 pounds so far....: ) Hope things get better for you....: )
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 193.7 lbs in 5 weeks"
    UM FN HELLO! It's been a lot longer than 5 weeks and hmmmm, not even close. Stupid thing.

Edit: I hit enter too soon, has anyone else found that this ticker thingy is way off? I don't like completing my entries anymore because it's just a reminder of how I'm obviously failing "every day"

I know it's a pre-made tool, but it's still frustrating. Sorry for the vent.

every time i log it tells me i will be 4, 5 or 6 pounds heavier in 5 weeks as i am eating more than MFP thinks is my maintenance!!
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    I started back on MFP about 3 weeks ago and I am currently under what my "if every day were like today......" said that I had 3 weeks ago. I think it depends on where you are at in your weight loss journey. If you are just starting you may meet it or surpass it. If you are in maintenance mode it may not be as accurate.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i hope mines right this time!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear...
  • nothingisred
    Options
    When I started using the app a few months ago it used to tell me I'd weigh around 280lbs in 5 weeks! Back then I was just under 180, by far the heaviest I've EVER been, and was eating close to my goal each day. I think my weight was actually registered on the site as 145lbs too as I used MFP briefly back in 2008 and hadn't updated it since then.

When I started using MFP again about a month ago it seems to have been fine though and pretty accurate, so I think it's very random as to whether it works or not!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's only an indicator as it recalculates everyday so it's accuracy will depend on how consistent you are on a daily basis. If you go over your cal allowance on a given day, you go into RED NEGATIVES anyway so I don't feel it really adds value if you are still losing weight, I agree it just reconfirms what you already know! I suppose it does try and convert your daily calorie intake into a resultant weight should you keep eating in that manner. If it's not beneficial to you then I'd just do what I do and totally ignore it!
  • missviolett
    missviolett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that the, "If every day were like today" weight estimation a huge motivator for me.

If I keep at it, I can reach that number.