NSV! Found a long lost friend...

Options
Last night my husband took a trip into the attic to get out the dreaded winter coats:frown: . While up there he asked if I wanted him to grab a bag of clothes with a pair of jeans on top. My heart started to pound and my hands got all sweaty... "Yes!" :happy: I said knowing exactly what jeans they were. He brought the bag down and I anxiously pulled the jeans out of it. My American Eagle button fly size 14s... the ones that I cried when they were too small to wear:cry: . I took a deep breath, dropped the pants I had on and EASILY slid my long lost FAVORITES :love: up and buttoned them with EASE:love: ! I cried again only this time with shear joy! I hadn't worn them since before getting pregnant with my EIGHT YEAR OLD son:blushing: !

Another great thing that came of this??? I put the winter liner in my coat and it ZIPPED... COMFORTABLY:drinker: !!! I haven't done that in close to TWO YEARS:bigsmile: !

Have a great day all! If someone told me that these two things would be even remotely possible at the beginning of the summer I would have laughed...and probably grabbed a donut! My my how things change when you put your mind to it!!!

Replies

• LucyCarvall
    Options
    FAN TAST IC!!!!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You go!
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    Way to go!! Be proud of yourself. Now keep up the good work.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I could just FEEL your excitement and nervousness! Made my eyes all teary! Great job Hon! Thats like a Christmas present all in itself!
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done you. Must be great to see how far you've come. :)
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How fantastic that must have felt. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh What A Feeling!!!! Congrats:smile:
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    haha...nice!! keep it up!! That is an awesome feeling right?? :o)
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    awesome you have done great work....
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are doing so good and have such a wonderful attitude about this journey.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thanks so much everyone!!! I love that I have this site to shout victories loud and proud!!! Other people 'get it' but they don't... you know what I mean? Remaining postive and reporting things here on MFP keeps me motivated to accomplish even more than I set out to do in the first place! It may sound silly but I love everyone of you great and wonderful strangers!!! :heart:
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!!! I can't wait to fit into old jeans(:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thanks so much everyone!!! I love that I have this site to shout victories loud and proud!!! Other people 'get it' but they don't... you know what I mean? Remaining postive and reporting things here on MFP keeps me motivated to accomplish even more than I set out to do in the first place! It may sound silly but I love everyone of you great and wonderful strangers!!! :heart:

High Five! And, yes that's the great thing about this site! Sometimes our "real life' friends don't want to hear our stories (especially if they're struggling with weight loss themselves). NSV stories are always welcome here!

Enjoy those jeans now, before they become too BIG for you to wear!
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Well done you, that's pretty inspirational. xx
  • dollparts26
    dollparts26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ahh reading your story made me nervous! SO AWESOME!!!! Congrats lady!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    WTG! Next time you'll have to go to the shop and buy new jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!