What has your BEST NSV been?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the top one so far is the size 4 (A freaking FOUR!!!) skirt that I'm wearing at work today :bigsmile:

A close second is my husband telling me he feels like he's cheating on his wife because I look like a different person these days...
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Getting in running shape. Getting my 5k time down significantly, running up to 6.5 miles without walking or stopping.
    Also just getting into my smaller pants. I was in 36 pants but even got into some 32 pants easily yesterday. Not roomy enough to wear yet, but def. by end of year. My watch is notched to the 4th hole now. I'm tucking in my shirts now. And to think I still want to lose close to 20 more lbs. That's when I want to pack on the muscle. I don't wan tto be skinny. Just a skinny waist but muscular.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Sprinting to catch the metro so I wasn't late for work. I ran about a quarter of a mile, as fast as I could in dress shoes, caught the train and when I sat down I wasn't out of breath :) I thought to myself, old me would have had to make a phone call to let them know I would be late.

Loved this! :drinker: Congrats!
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Clothes and sport achievements are the NSV that many people losing weight and getting in shape notice at a certain point. And it DOES feel great!

Awesome, folks! Thanks for your answers and congratulations for your Scale and Non Scale Victories! :glasses:
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    My grandchildren being able to wrap their arms ALL the way around me in a hug! Absolute HEAVEN!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was able to purchase jeans out of American Eagle,The Gap and Old Navy without having to order my size on line. I even went into a few other stores to make sure I was not dreaming.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Either noticing for the first time that I have a shape, or my boyfriend being all over me telling me how amazing I look, which he always did but does more so now.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    running up the stairs in my apartment building cause I forgot something and realizing I wasn't panting and wheezing like an old lady lol (which is a big deal cause I have asthma)
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Running in to someone who I had not seen in a year and them not even recognizing me. I had to say hey it's me and they said wow you don't even look like the same person.
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My wedding band is lose now too, which is scary at times... My biggest NSV has been the growing stack of all of my clothes that no longer fit me! I can't wait to give them away or donate them! Super exciting!!!
  • kaciroberts1585
    kaciroberts1585 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Having my wedding ring fall off in bed while I was sleeping. I've only lost a few pounds so far, but I think it all came off of my fingers!
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    As with a lot of people I've had the comments from friends and family plus the joy of buying new clothes, however my best NSV has been inspiring a friend of mine to lose weight because she's seeing me do it and winning.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My wedding band is lose now too, which is scary at times... My biggest NSV has been the growing stack of all of my clothes that no longer fit me! I can't wait to give them away or donate them! Super exciting!!!

Get rid of the clothes...its totally liberating! I dropped off 43 items at the Salvation Army yesterday that were too big to wear anymore without looking like a fool. I probably have 25 more things in bags in the car going to friends who can use them. My closet looks like Old Mother Hubbards house, but I love it! Just think of all the space you can clear out for buying new smaller things!
  • DzyIzy
    DzyIzy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Getting hand me downs from my mom. My mom has always been slim and has fabulous taste in clothes.

I was the only overweight person in my immediate family. Shopping with my sizes 0 to 4 mom and sister in law was demoralizing as I was squeezing into XL and they were both looking for S and XS

Last week my mom gave me 4 tops that she thought were a bit big on her. They all fit me and they are size smalls! I am so looking forward to our annual girls shopping day when my sil comes to visit in a few weeks.
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I needed a new dress shirt for a client meeting, so I went shopping and everything I pulled off the rack to try on was the size I wore when I got married 13.5 years and four kids ago. And then everything fit. And I ROCKED it all!

It was the most fun I've had shopping in a loooong time. Oh, and the whole store was 40% off that day. But that was the least of my excitement :).
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    First half marathon completed a few weeks ago, with only a mile of walking and no rest breaks :)
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    My best NSV has been when i went to the dr. and they told me my cholesterol was down. my cholesterol has always been really high, like at 291-94. been like that since my early twenties. im now 38.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!