Options
Hi!

I joined this site about a week ago and have finally decided to give this a shot for ME and not because "my friends are dieting". I have high hopes! I struggle with snacking at bedtime and do well through the day. I've never really dieted before so I have a LOT to learn and figured what better way than by adding encouraging people on the same page as me?

I wear scrubs to work each day and after having my thyroid removed I realized (in my first day back to work) that they were far too tight. SCRUBS!?! This just can't be, right? Well, it was and I was disgusted. So....here I am!

In some ways this has been easier than I expected. I am staying at 1280 calories a day but I am not being to hard on myself. If I go over 100-150 it's okay. For example some friends and I went out this weekend to see Wicked and have some drinks afterwards. That was a bad calorie day but it was necessary!

Well, long story short--I look forward to this adventure and look forward to being a little extra support for anyone else (like me!) that may need it.

Rachel ;)

Replies

• suzanne210385
    Options
    Hi

I joined this site this week to try and lose some weight before xmas. Hopefully this will encourage me. :)
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This place has been a wonderful experience for me!! I have lost 43 lbs so far and still going. You will have some rough days and even weeks, but if your serious it will work for you and the support has been great here.

Good luck to you both!!
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel...welcome, this site is quite helpful. Be Warned: It's addictive:bigsmile:
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Agreed its an addictive sight - but also full of support and lovely people to encourage and advise you.
    Wish you every success! Please feel free to friend me if you like...
  • lightinurlife
    Options

I wear scrubs to work each day and after having my thyroid removed I realized (in my first day back to work) that they were far too tight. SCRUBS!?! This just can't be, right? Well, it was and I was disgusted. So....here I am!

I used to wear scrubs for my job and that was one of the things that motivated me to lose the weight! Good luck to you! I'll be sending you friend request!

-Jess
  • rachelejarboe
    Options
    Thanks guys! I look forward to rockin' this journey with you ;)
  • Jane0143
    Options
    Hi Rachel,
    I joined yesterday and am very excited to get going. My downfall? Chocolate covered almonds...I love them! I also just looked them up...1 cup is over 900 calories!!! So, I will wait and have 5 tonight for dessert (84 calories...isn't that crazy?) It makes me wonder how many other foods I have underestimated and have contributed to the stubborn 10 lbs. I downloaded the app so I can be in constant touch. Good luck to you! I know we can do it...2 hours for me, so far, so good!