Anyone else scared about NSV?

Options
I know you'd think that having a NSV is a good thing, but before it happened were you scared ... like I need to go and buy some new work pants today, I've left it long enough ... but am a little scared that although I know I've lost weight, that I might have built up in my head I'm a different size than what I have to buy today and don't want to be disappointed .... does that even make sense!? Hope so :)

Replies

• uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I know what you mean. I often grab to the wrong size because in my head I'M BIG. It doesn't matter if I lost weight. If somebody tells me "No, that sweater is objectively NOT too tight." I have to look twice at it before I can believe it.

Face it: YOU ARE LEANER! Isn't it great?! Go and buy your new pants: I will feel awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm about there myself. I need new jeans. I don't want to go looking for what I think is the right size, in case it's not.
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I still feel like a bit of a fraud picking up the sizes I wear now. I keep thinking the changing room attendant is thinking "yeah right", but most things fit. I assume it will take a long time for us all to get over this (if ever)...
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I so get this! I went shopping just the other week to buy new jeans as mine were quite baggy! Upon picking up several pairs of jeans and trousers in the size smaller than what I previously was, I suddenly thought everyone would be looking at me, thinking "LOL she'll never fit in those!!" but I tried them on anyway, and they zipped up easily, pair after pair!! I ended up buying 3 pairs!! And now I want to go shopping more and more :-D

Enjoy your new clothes, they will fit!!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The other "mental" change I have to make is to stop buying "loose-fitting" shirts.

I now need to buy "snug" shirts, so I can continue to wear them as I lose weight. This is a total turnaround, as it demonstrates my "confidence" that the weight won't come back. :smile:
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    YES! but when you reach that number in the pants size its AHHHHMAZING - I'd been a size 16 since I was 16 and GAP were the ONLY place I could find jeans that fit - a friend sent over a sac of clothes for me the other day AND I zipped up with room to spare a SIZE 8 Gap jeans - I wanted to Puke before I put them on I was so nervous LOL!!!!
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was so happy when I went from size 42 to size 38. My wife said only one or two pairs, I was so dissappointed. I wanted to scream from the roof tops.

Now that I have lost over 60 lbs and I wear size 34, I am so glad she led me down this path. Yes she was right.

Good luck one NSV at a time.

It is a life style change not a diet.

Cheers
    Jim
  • Davorla
    Options
    I did it, down a size :) Was so tempted to treat myself to something else, but waiting until christmas ... hopefully another size down by then!

Thanks for all the answers, glad to see people are feeling the same way! :)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I still feel like a bit of a fraud picking up the sizes I wear now. I keep thinking the changing room attendant is thinking "yeah right", but most things fit. I assume it will take a long time for us all to get over this (if ever)...

Haha! This is so me. I feel like when I grab my new size they're thinking there is no way those will fit.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Going down in sizes can be tricky too! Last time I went shopping I went alone. When I got home and showed my guy what I had bought...he said the pants didn't fit! They were still too big! I have gotten sooo used to wide leg pants and droopy drawers that I had forgotten how a properly fitted pair of pants felt.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am suppose to pick up my wedding rings from being sized today and I am terrified that I will gain weight again and they wont fit, or they wont fit today because maybe I am retaining water...I wanted them a half size bigger then what they are being sized down to but the lady told me I was crazy and promissed this was a better size..I went down 2 sizes...but oh how I am nervious!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!