Excited to Start

Options
Well I guess i'll start by saying HI. My name is Aubrey and i'm 29 years old. I have a lot of work to do and I think I have finally found the motivation to get started. My dad was diagnosed with Diabetes about 3 months ago and he is really struggling. I hurts me to see him in so much pain and not to be able to play with my son. I am a lot like my father in so many ways, but this I want to change. When I am his age I want to enjoy my children and grandchildren and be able to live a happy healthy life. I figure no better time to start then now. I fear that if I don't make changes now then my future is clear. Hopefully I can stay motivated and become who I need to be.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    All it takes is the first step! You will find MFP to be an awesome place, and if you're like me (not that motivated ;), you'll be SURPRISED at how easy it is to just get going.....................

Logging your food is a great way to gain perception of what you're eating, and ways to change it.
    Logging any exercise is also very motivating, as it gives you more calories you can eat :)

Enjoy - and welcome!

Polly
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome, anyway I can help just let me know.

Also, my Mother was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and I worked with her on her food plan and we totally put it into remission. I can give you some info to help your Dad, like I did my Mom.

I have been in recovery from food addiction for over 19 years and have spent over that time working on food plans within my own program and my clients.

I would be more than happy to be a part of your support system.

Hugs,
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    you can do it and it wil be done...feel free 2 add me as a friend:)
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    you can do it and it wil be done...feel free 2 add me as a friend:)

Ditto!