3-5 LBS A WEEK!

Options
Hey,
I started Oct 10 and have been doing 3-5 lbs and was stalled 4 of those days. I was eating thousands of calories eating my feelings so I think this weight I have lost (13.8 lbs) is just my body dropping some easy weight because I am eating so clean. Some people have said I am loosing too quick. I burn about 200-400 a day doing TurboJam. I eat 1400 base cals a day. I dont eat back my exorcize. I weigh 199.2 right now. I started at 212.8. My personal belief is that just knocking all the dip gravy and process foods is whats accelerated my weight loss and it will calm down so I shouldn't worry. Any personal experiences or advice? I am not worried I loosing too quick. I gained 30 in 4 months so I feel the fist 30 is just cream to scape off the top.

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    In my opinion, eating 1400 cals per day and burning 200-400 calories a day sounds pretty healthy!

Enjoy the weight loss while you can, as it will eventually slow down...
  • MissLedford87
    Options
    When I first started I lost 8lbs the first week. Now I'm loosing 1-2 lbs a with.
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I first started I lost 8lbs the first week. Now I'm loosing 1-2 lbs a with.

me too
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy the loss but know that you are going to slow down at some point. That is when you amp up your workouts. Just make sure you are eating when you are hungry. If you are then don't worry about what others are saying. You are doing great!!!! Keep going.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    I'd say eat your excercise calories, at least half of them. Don't get too hard on your body, it won't appreciate it!

Good luck! :)
  • amber2476
    amber2476 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Keep it up.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing as you, I had several months where I lost 3-4 lbs per week. I felt fine, wasn't too tired and wasn't hungry to eat more. It did eventually slow down but I didn't get sick or hurt from what I was loosing before. I listened to my body, which is the best thing you can do for yourself.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    That is great!! Use it to motivate you every day!! It does slow down but just keep going. It feels good, doesn't it?!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    It sounds like your doing great! When I first started I was the same I lost fast. Then it slowed down to about 1-2 lbs a week. Your body will adjust and stablize with the changes you make. Good luck. :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i think i lost 15 pounds in the first month. since then the weight loss has been reduced to 1-2 lbs per week. its slow and steady, but i exercise hard, eat right, and have only had one weekend of not logging and no work outs since i became really into this program.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well I have always heard the more you have to lose to get to your optimum weight the faster they will come off... the closer you get to that point the slower they will come off. Listen to your body and so long as you don't crash and you have energy for your workouts you'll be fine.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging 3.5 per week for the past 6 weeks. Though I notice that for the past two weeks or so it's about 3 per week. I haven't really added an exercise routine yet (except for the jumping jacks challenge I just entered yesterday) but I know that based on my past, when I do, the weight comes off at a very fast pace but then slows to a halt at 150 pounds (a few years ago I lost 25 pounds in about 6 weeks and that was when I was much closer to my ideal weight, but then I proceded to have a lot of changes in life happen and I ate and ate to maintain energy since I didn't have much time for myself and after that stress came pregnancy #2 then when he turned 1, pregnancy #3).
  • paravision
    Options
    Thanks guys,
    I was a bit worried and just needed the reassurance!
  • paravision
    Options
    Thanks guys,
  • paravision
    Options
    Thanks guys,