20lbs in 3 months

Options
Okay, after a few minor set backs, I am rarerin' ta go for this new week/month. I have a goal set: 20lbs by my daughters 3rd birthday at the end of January. That's 3 months. That means daily exercise and calorie counting. I am open to see ideas of how others may approach this challenge to help get me to my goal. Would also love partners to join in to make this weight loss go easier with the support of the buddy system. Fingers Crossed!!! And remember its not a diet, its a lifestyle change!

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in three months! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's totally attainable! I did it. I started August 1st and I am down 22lbs so far. It would have been more but of course there were a few days of total chaos (not counting calories, no exercise, alcohol). I wanted to do 30lbs but still happy that I was able to have my "cheat" days while still loosing! You can do it!! Friend me if you like :-)

Cheers!!!
    Angela
  • DGomez22
    Options
    You are more then welcome to add me if you like. I don't have a date of when I want to lose the weight by but I'm working on getting better with everything I do. I love that last line "its not a diet, its a lifestyle change"! Those words are something I try to live by.
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    I have lost over 20 lbs in since Aug. 25th...today is day 60 here for me on MFP...feel free to add me! Get lot's of supportive friends and open your diary (mine is to friends) log everything that passes your lips and weighing it on a scales is better than counting...say 12 crackers or 28 grams! Best of luck!
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Getting through the holidays is going to be rough, but I know that we can all do this together! Good luck! You can definitely do 20 lbs in 3 months!!!!
  • lizcren
    lizcren Posts: 12
    Options
    I am Overwhelmed at the support thus far. Kudos to everyone for their words and stories!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I started on July 25th, now a little over 3 months later I have lost just over 21 lbs. And I only had 40 lbs to lose to begin with. You can totally do this.
  • guessgigi
    guessgigi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would also like. To lose 20 lbs in 3 months!! Coun t me in!!
  • nallen1113
    Options
    I am trying to lose 30 lbs in 3 months so I would love to join the challenge with you guys. I do so much better with a support system and since I've signed up for mfp I feel like I have that. Please add me.
  • lizcren
    lizcren Posts: 12
    Options
    You are all so awesome! Thank you for all the positive thoughts and motivation!!
  • lizcren
    Options
    I will be doing a weekly weigh in at the end of each week. Please feel free to join and share how your week went!
  • tanner1019
    tanner1019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!! My goal is to lose 20lbs. by my daughters birthday too which is in February. We can do it!
  • lizcren
    Options
    End of the week weigh in: Lost 2 lbs 4 0z

Had a few weak moments but charged through how did everyone else do?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    End of the week weigh in: Lost 2 lbs 4 0z

Had a few weak moments but charged through how did everyone else do?

Congrats, you are well on your way! I somehow pulled out 2 lbs this week, not sure how b/c I'm sticking to my 1-lb-per-week calorie goals, but I'll take it!