fat to fit, I hope day 1

Options
Honestly, I'm just a non active, short, fat girl, hitting 50 in about a year. Tired of the Dr's hinting that I get exercising. I have tried fitness tapes, and they just don't seem to be for REAL fat people. By that I mean: REAL PEOPLE who are "fat". They need to make a tape of a big gal exercising, showing us how WE can get the moves done, and a tiny pic of the pro in the corner, showing us how we should be able to do it in week 6! They need to walk us through the changes we can make each week just to get to where we can do the moves like the pro's,. .. Week by week. It may take us 6 weeks or more to get to where we can even accomplish one move/exercise. I'm targeting how to get out of this spot instead of getting beat up cause I got here in the first place. If I see another skinny girl telling me "just work through it" I'm gonna.......... well, ... You know!
I resolve to change my attitude, right now and assume to be successful, and at least try!

Replies

• 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good idea for a business venture :flowerforyou:
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hear hear! LOL...

I often work out to them thinking I am going to just do what I can do but wishing that just once they'd have overweight people on them cause even those doing the unadvanced moves are fitter than I ever will be! The Biggest Loser DVDs I would think would benefit most from having some of those people who are overweight on them.... mixed in with others that have lost, I'd be way more inspired by that then seeing everyone on the video being tone & fit (that's why I used to like the Richard Simmons videos back in the day... LOL!).
  • LanaN2001
    LanaN2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with needing to show how real overweight people can do these exercises. I'd kill myself trying to half the stuff I've seen. Good Luck! :bigsmile:
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies? He tends to use real people doing the workouts with him. Yeah ok he might be fun to laugh at but the guy does know his stuff. Feel free to add me to your friends list too.
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You might like the Biggest Loser workouts. They have contestants that are trying to lose still and past seasons contestants working out all levels. They have someone doing modified versions of the exercises. I found them to be very motivating because I was thinking "if they can do this, so can I!!" Worth a shot!! Good luck.