I need a boost

Options
Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help. I had my son 8 months ago and I have finished insanity shortly after dropping 40lbs. Now I have hanging around the 143-147 range for several weeks and I can't seem to break away. I work out every day and stay under my caloric goal. I have even up-ed my caloric goal but nothing. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Open up your food diary so people can help you.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It's hard to make suggestions when we can't see your food diary.

If you do the same workouts every day, try switching. Switching WHEN you eat helped me break a major plateau as well.
  • ewiedemann360
    ewiedemann360 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Five small meals, maybe more, each day. Watch the sodium content of the foods you are eating as that will affect your metabolic rate. And be sure to get in about 1/2 your body weight in water every day. Another thing to do is consider two-a-day workouts with strength training in the AM and cardio in the PM or vice-versa. And if you are not doing it now, give some thought to working with a personal trainer - that last step did wonders for me. Finally, try to stay as on-target to that caloric goal as you possibly can. It is tough, but it can be done. There are some great supportive plans on this site: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/ I know there are a ton of ads, but the free videos give a nice guideline for general fitness. Keep up the great work!
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    Open up your food diary so people can help you.

how do I open it?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... And be sure to get in about 1/2 your body weight in water every day....
    DIOS MIO! That would be about 13 1/2 gallons of water for me.
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    Five small meals, maybe more, each day. Watch the sodium content of the foods you are eating as that will affect your metabolic rate. And be sure to get in about 1/2 your body weight in water every day. Another thing to do is consider two-a-day workouts with strength training in the AM and cardio in the PM or vice-versa. And if you are not doing it now, give some thought to working with a personal trainer - that last step did wonders for me. Finally, try to stay as on-target to that caloric goal as you possibly can. It is tough, but it can be done. There are some great supportive plans on this site: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/ I know there are a ton of ads, but the free videos give a nice guideline for general fitness. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the advice. I do strength training in the evenings and cardio in the mornings. There may be a day or two in the week that I only work out once. I will definitely look at the website for more information. Thanks!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    ... And be sure to get in about 1/2 your body weight in water every day....
    DIOS MIO! That would be about 13 1/2 gallons of water for me.

Lol! I love it!
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    Diary is open.
  • Gr8Flood
    Options
    I went back 5 days on your diary and this is my take. You need more calories (around 1600-1900 is recommended) You need to lower your carbs from processed foods and increase your natural protein. Doing this along with changing up your excer. program regularly is what I would try first to see how things go. Also, make sure that you eat every 90-120 minutes through out the day. Even if you just have a couple baby carrots or an apple slice or two you will burn fat all day that way.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I checked out your last 3 days of food and I'll say a few things I see that I think you should change (this is my opinion-take it or leave it):

1. Stop eating so much processed foods
    2. Eat more fruit
    3. You need to eat vegetables
    4. You need to eat more lean protein and less carbohydrates
    5. Make sure you are drinking at least your 8-8 oz glasses of water (I try for 2 liters a day)
    6. I would start tracking other nutrients in your diary i.e. sodium, sugar
    7. If you are not already, weigh your food. A lot of foods say 1/2 cup as a serving size but then have the grams attached to that. If you are just using the 1/2 cup I bet you are getting more than the grams listed on the label. This will SHOCK you!
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    Thanks!