Ladies: Pants Problem?

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you keep trying different brands, styles, and so on. Riders jeans (by Lee) are some that have a little bit higher waist, yet don't give you that "Mom-jean" look. There's also some, I think by Levi's, that have different fits based on different types of curves. That's assuming you're looking for jeans. I almost always buy jeans with a little bit of spandex in them, too, as they are more forgiving. If you are looking at dress pants, I don't know if you have a Reitman's where you are, but they have these pants called "comfort pants" which are kind of similar to maternity pants in that they have a stretchy waistband to help them fit better, be more comfortable, and they are great, especially if you're between sizes. Maybe you can find something similar? Good luck!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Try to buy misses, they have a shorter waist and they seem to fit me better. Woman's pants make me look larger and accentuate all the wrong areas :) I personally love Levi Strauss relaxed fit midrise jeans in misses. I buy them from the Walmart website and stock up on them ;)
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Same problem! I hate baggy pants with a passion. But I don't like tight pants that give me a muffin top either! UGH. I have one pair of Lee's stretch bell-bottoms that fit perfectly, but they're wearing out, I'd rather wear straight-leg jeans anyway. I did buy some straight-legs not too long ago that fit pretty good, but they're too short. The regular length was wayyy too long. GAWD this is aggravating! Nice to know I'm not the only one suffering through this. : )
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try Gap Jeans curvy flare. I know my sister loves them she is a four but in jeans she has some curves.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Best advice go online and buy 8 slims from Levi's brand. I don't have the same problem I have the skinny waist and round bottom but my kids are super skinny for their height so that's what I do and I saw women's jeans there too.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I love Lee & Levis no-gap waistband jeans & slacks. They are awesome! The only problem that I am having now is that I am in a Size 2 & they don't make them. I am having just as hard time finding clothes to fit now as I was when I was 50+ heavier.
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you tried skinny jeans? I slimmed to a size 12 from a 16 but can still wear my old skinny's because they still fit nice around my thighs. I do need a belt to keep them from sliding past my butt. But no muffin top and no front butt. You can also look for stretch boot cuts. They're tighter at the thighs and flair a bit at the bottom. Levis have several fits and if you have a fashion bug near by they also have fits for all shapes and sizes including pettite and tall. Hope this helps.
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah CONGRATS! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My leg vs middle isn't as dramatic as yours but it is an issue for me too. I love junior style pants, they sit lower so no major muffin top. Just keep in mind that junior sizes can run waaay different that women's. I have bit of an odd body proportion so for me I can wear a woman's size 8 or a junior's size 11.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    LOL, I have it the other way around. if it fits around my bum and thighs it is huge around my tummy and waist.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have the best luck with Worthington modern fit trousers from JCPenney. Not too expensive, and they are available in different lengths.

Congrats on your terrific progress!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Shop around with brands. Ive found some at Maurices that are a little better! My hips fill out mine and my poor little butt can get lost in the pants LOL. But at least slacks are supposed to be looser in the butt and thigh area ;) good luck shopping!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 50lbs! That's fabulous! Have you tried wearing one of those tank tops that suck your gut in? Sometimes they help enough to smooth things out so that you're more comfortable. You just had a little munchkin, and sometimes our abs are the last ones to play nice after being stretched out for almost 10 months.

This is a wonderful idea. Thank you!!!

Or try spanx... LOVE THEM!! They have all kinds of shape wear... Kinda pricey, but so worth the investment.. I wear them with jeans, dresses, they make leggings, skirts, tops, & workout gear... No bulge or panty lines <
    HATE SEEING PANTY LINES.... LOL...
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Skirts and dresses -- show off those new legs!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are these jeans or work pants? Where are you buying them from? I have found that changing brands may help.

Jeans are usually ok, it's work pants I have most of the problem with.

Try a different store. I used to buy my work pants at JC Penney. I started having that problem where in order to fit my waist, they were enormous on my legs! I now get my work pants at New York and Company, and love how they fit!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Wear more skirts for the time being? I got nothing...

I was thinking skirts/dresses -- skirts are easier to alter on the way down --
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Skirts and dresses -- show off those new legs!

Not only that, you can use them longer while you're losing weight and not have to drop so much $$ on new clothing because they are so much easier to adjust to fit your waist, as opposed to your whole lower body.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • mskristac
    mskristac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try the Drew fit at the Limited. I have the same problem. I swear by these for my work pants. :)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    ok so obviously people are not reading the comments cause they all keep commenting about jeans and you said a few times that it is for work pants...BUT anyway....I am not sure if they make tummy control pants in work pants like they do in jeans but maybe you could do an internet search for tummy control dress pants? or like some others said try some shape wear or girdles till you get it all toned up the way you like it. Some underwear you can buy has tummy control. They might not be sexy but they might be good for wearing under work pants..