protein shake?

Options
hi guys, i was wondering how do some of you prepare your protein shakes? i just started using the body fortress advanced chocolate, and i usually put an apple and half of grapefruit along with ice and water. once i have blended i would usually add a squeeze of lemon in it and it is pretty tasty. so i was just wondering what are other ways to prepare a protein shake?
thanks for all the response.:smile:

Replies

• soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I have the chocolate protein powder from trader joes and I don't really like it on it's own, but with some peanut butter and banana in it it's fabulous.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jkinsella83
    Options
    I typically use one cup of skim milk with my protein powder. The stuff I take has 26g of Protein with water and with skim, it makes it 34 g of Protein (8 g of Protein from Great Value Skim Milk).
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love it with milk - I usually put half milk, half water. If I feel like it, I might add half a banana. Am thinking about trying it with pumpkin as well. The possibilities are endless. But the milk gives it the awesome milkshake-y taste.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I use a chocolate protein powder from Optimum Nutrition and I simply mix with tap water, or Milk if I need a few more calories or protein.... mix and enjoy.... I keep it simple because it is easier for me to maintain.
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i love the EAS 100% whey protein shakes, i get the chocolate and vanilla they both taste pretty good. they even make pre-made ones, but i consider them a waste... because the powder kind you just mix with water and you are done. anyways i just drink the shake without anything else though i usually have water when i'm done because the taste kind of sits in your mouth otherwise.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use Plantfusion vanilla bean and just mix it with water. Tastes decent on its own.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on how I'm using the shake. If it's post-workout I just mix mine with milk or soy milk. If it's a meal replacement I add a scoop to a fruit smoothie made with soy milk.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk Cake Batter and I mix it with half chocolate soy milk and half water and ice. Very tasty to me!!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I also use the body fortress chocolate, with a banana, 8 strawberries, tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water and 3 cups spinach leaves. You don't taste the spinach leaves, makes a 1 qt drink of about 480 calories that keeps me full until noon.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Do you guys prefer the pre-made drinks or the powders? I have been drinking some slim fast that I had in the fridge that needed to be finished, but I have bought some powder and am excited to start it. I'm hoping w/ skim milk it will have a better taste/texture. I don't care for how thick the shakes can be!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    thank you guys for all the responses.:)
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    I also use the body fortress chocolate, with a banana, 8 strawberries, tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water and 3 cups spinach leaves. You don't taste the spinach leaves, makes a 1 qt drink of about 480 calories that keeps me full until noon.

i definitely would like to try this. it sounds good:)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    fat free milk 3/4 cup
    2tbsp natty pb
    cup of frozen fruits (blueberry is favorite)
    another cup of frozen fruits (strawberries, peaches)
    banana
    1 scoop of whey protein iso
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking it I usually mix with water and drink.

If I'm eating it, all sorts of options. Lately it's been greek yogurt, vanilla whey, frozen berries. Delicious.
  • nowornever78
    nowornever78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortess Vanilla powder, cup of mixed berries,greek yogurt,almonds, Throw it in the bender and its pretty good, 46g of Protein!!