Who is just tired of it!!!!!!

Options
who is just tired of watching what they eat everyday? I am not tired of going to the gym but mentally I am just exhausted with all the food stuff. I have been doing this for 2yrs now and I just don't feel like logging food anymore. I think it is just because I dont have a plan of action and I am just tired of all the things life throws at me. I feel like I am doing everything for everyone. Anyone else feel this way.

Replies

• UmaB
    UmaB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey hun I feel you on this and now I am making a change. I watched Dr. Oz yesterday and he was talking about the vegan diet and how you don't count calories because you can as much as you want. Its a little extreme for me so I decided to go vegetarian for awhile (of course after I finish the roast chicken in the fridge!) and just see how it pans out.
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Are you tired of the food logging or eating healthy?
  • Paboes71
    Options
    i dont count on certain days of the week. i think if you've been counting for 2 years, you should have a pretty good idea of what you can and cant eat.

I also stop counting when my weight hits my goal. but start counting again once i exceed a certain amount.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Me! Right now I am just really overwhelmed by a few things. I can definitely relate to your post. I am trying to come up with a plan of action but most of the time I feel like I just need a break!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am not where you are, even though I've been logging food for about a year. But perhaps you should take a break. You have obviously done great, and lost a lot of weight. By now, you have probably internalized how you need to eat in order to stay on track. Keep working out, but give your self a vacation from recording your food. After a month, you can re-evaluate, depending on how you are doing. If you are staying on course, skip the food journal.
  • tessa113
    tessa113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Totally know how you feel, seems like everyone around me can eat whatever they like when I pile on the pounds just looking at their lunch.

You have come so far though though you must be so pleased with how well you have done, pat yourslef on the back and have a day off.

Sarah xx
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I totally understand.... However, that's why I'm back into this and found MFP. I've been eating healthy and in the gym since I was 7. I grew up knowing how to exercise because of my dad being a powerlifter. I got sick of it when I went to college but I kept going enough to keep the weight off. I got married and completely stopped! It was horrible!!! And the no exercise phase only lasted 3-4 months and put on an extra 25 lbs because of it. So now, I've realized just how important it is to chill out but to never stop. It's worth all the frustration and tiredness of the bland, dull, lifeless food. Find something new, like a new spice or vegetable or start fixing a dish differently. Bake chicken with different flavor marinades. There's so many different things to try.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like this last week, it was coupled with the worst PMT I think I've ever had, and it nearly drove me insane. I ended up having a massive chocolate binge and feeling awful (sick, and guilty). So I took a weekend off, I picked a good weekend (Halloween), purely by chance. I went to a party, ate loads of cake and chocolate, but still ate healthy during the day and drank a bottle of wine. I forced myself not to log anything, which was really hard. BUT Monday morning I woke up with a real spring in my step, really positive and feeling a million times less stressed out.

If it's getting too much a few days off won't do any harm... after 2 years of logging you probably know what you should and shouldn't be eating without even really thinking about it.

Good Luck, hope you feel better soon x
  • steffieann
    steffieann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! Do you log every day? I have now started giving myself the weekends off...I still watch what I eat (although the weekend is when I'll let myself have pizza, or extra booze, and not worry about it) but I just don't log it....in fact, I try to stay off the computer as much as possible in general, kind of detox a bit after being attached to one non stop all week.

I have to say, a few years back I was just completely over keeping track of my food and figured that at that point, I knew well enough what portions should look like and so I stopped logging. And I gained a bunch of weight. Something about measuring/logging really keeps you accountable, and it's much harder to lie to yourself when you are actively keeping track. But maybe if you give yourself a break a day or two a week, it won't feel like such a daily chore?

Sounds like you are stretched thin with all the stuff you do for everyone else. Maybe you can think of the time you spend exercising and managing your nutrition as the nice thing you do for yourself? You gotta take care of yourself, first and foremost! Good luck, hope things get better soon!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes! Are you a mom also? :laugh:

All I have to say is that after I saw your ticker (you lost OVER 100 lbs! :noway: ) I totally get it! But this too shall pass. Stay with it, I couldn't tell you how many times I have slacked off a bit just to start gaining again and jumping back to it. Stay strong, look at old pictures from 100 lbs ago and remind yourself you are worth the effort.

:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    You know how to eat at this point. Take a break from logging. Continue all your good habits like water, exercise and regular weigh-in or measurements.

Come back to logging if you notice you are slipping.

Last time I stopped for a year. One day I thought, "When was the last time I had a fresh vegetable?" I knew I needed to reboot.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I used to go to WW got to goal, carried on going to the meeting and counting my points for a month or two then stopped going a year later i was back heavier than before , now i wish i had carried on.

Not saying we have to do this for ever , but there has to be balance, just not sure what it is but i'm fed up of counting and some days i don't but istill need the control for now.

what ever you decide to do good luck! and stay strong :flowerforyou:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Once I've weighed in on Friday I have the remainder of that day as a 'relaxed' day, where I don't watch my calories as much as I would any other day. As time has gone by my choices on that day have got better.

It makes me feel as though I'm not being restricted by diet all the time, and like that, I've found it so much easier to stick to a diet and at the moment this is the most amount of weight I've ever lost, and I'm not done yet.

You've done so well, 104lbws is a fantastic loss, and as others have said, you probably know most of the calorific values, so perhaps a couple of weeks away from recording will help you - but good luck, whatever you decide to do.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    First of all, great job on how far you have come so far!
    I haven't been at this quite as long as you, closer to 18 months for me, but I understand getting tired of it. There as some days, sometimes more frequent, that I just don't know if I want to keep logging and exercising. And that is usually followed by a cheat day that reminds me of 1) how little discipline I have outside of logging and need the accountability and 2) how much my body has changed and just can't handle some foods anymore.
    So, as much as I hate counting calories some days...I keep at it because my need outweighs my wants.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way frequently. I have days that I want to just eat and not feel guilty if I eat a little more. Unfortunately I have found that if I don't log everything I do end up going over board
  • notsomushy
    notsomushy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So funny to see you mention this. I had the SAME discussion with a co-worker the other day. I'm tired of EATTING!!! but i cant stop eatting because of the whole starvation thing. I'm tired of the same stuff. As far as working out, I'm tired of that too but I know I cannot cut back just yet. Good topic.
  • Silchi24
    Options
    :smile: I am the other way around, where I find myself not wanting to exercise and I feel really bad. I don't have a problem logging in my food, but then again I've only been here for about a month and half. I think you have done excellent in two years and maybe not logging in everything you eat would be good.

If you feel good (Health wise) why does numbers matter. I keep asking myself that question all the time because it seems all the calorie counting is driving me insane. You obviously are doing something right for losing all the weight and if you are feeling healthy then you should continue eating what make you happy and healthy. The fact that you still exercise is great too.

So, my opinion is that you should lay low (logging food), but continue eating healthy and exercising. Isn't that the purpose of change of life that we all striving for? At least it is for me.

Good luck!
    ~Silvia
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    This is where it could get scary........By looking at your ticker, You've come so far, losing so much, looking great. Just don't let it get away from you. I've been there, in the past before finding this website . I get tired of it ,too. And I've only been doing it for a short time .But I know the weight will come back on with a vengence, if I don't keep track.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I found since I went low carb and gluten free I don't have to count calories as much cos I rarely make it over 1200 even with stuff like choc and a brandy and coke.

I just dont have wheat cereal for breakfast and or toast, then bread again for lunch (sandwiches) then pasta, potatoes or rice with tea... I was putting on 5lb a day in water everyday... now I only go up by 1 lb.

I use wii games so its fun to play different games and still burning calories and earning extra calories. I've already got my xmas list of new games I can't wait to try. I can burn about 500cals playing on different games for a few hours and thats your 500 cal deficit to lose 1lb a week (everyday)

Try out different activities and food to re-ignite your interest?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't log on weekends or holidays, and sometimes take random days or weeks off. I don't want to spend the rest of my life counting out a serving size of pretzels before I eat them. I know counting calories works for me when I need to lose weight. But I also know that under normal circumstances, I was always able to maintain a healthy weight even without regular exercise. Now that I'm addicted to exercise and have non scale goals that will keep me on the run, literally, I know I'm not going to be as sedentary as I was when I gained weight.