Victory at Dr office today

Options
2»

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job! That is truly amazing. Keep up the good work, and who know how many other great health benefits will pop up :bigsmile:
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! :flowerforyou:
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!!!
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!! This is what we are aiming for my husband to do. Congrats on your success :flowerforyou:
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    THAT is a great trip to the doc! WTG!
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Excellent results :)
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    X-cellent. Keep up the good work.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've taken major steps to improve your health. You should be so proud of yourself :)
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    HOW did you do it?
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Those are major victories!!!
  • BreakThruComing
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Sounds like a good doctor's appt. to me!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    HOW did you do it?

After starting and then getting away from MFP earlier this year, I really picked it up again in September. All the success from the early trial was gone, I was starting over from my previous high weight plus a few pounds. A few months of summer and eating way too much fast food was the problem.

The solution was to start using MFP again, not once in awhile, but EVERY DAY.
    I learned I needed to modify the values it was tracking, originally it didn't track sodium for me but now it does. I'm trying to stay under 1800mg sodium per day but I rarely hit that goal. But more important, by watching and monitoring it I'm no longer doing 3500 - 4500 per day anymore.

I walk a mile at a brisk pace, usually about 4-5 times week. As I got comfortable with it I would occasionally do 2 miles. Sometimes with hand weights and sometimes with ankle weights. No other workouts...yet..but I have plans to px90.

Trading bad snacks for either no snacks or at least better snacks. Pretty much cut out Coke, Mountain Dew, etc. No more sweet tooth so I don't keep candy in the house. Maybe 5-10 m&m's for the occasional binge.

No more honey-roasted peanuts by the handful (and repeat) all night while watching something mindless on tv. Spend time on MFP instead!

Lots of home cooking, especially crockpot soups and stews. Take a regular recipe and start playing mad scientist with it...take out the salt and use salt substiture. Take out the canned ingredients and use fresh (especially beans and tomato). You'd be surprised how much crap you can leave out of a standard recipe and make it just as palatable with half the calories and 1/10 of the sodium.

My big challenge comes from working 6 days a week and not having regular meal times. I drive around all day going to customer's homes to write estimates on home improvement projects. Running late from a morning appointment means skipping lunch so I can get to my afternoon appointments on time. Or doing drive-thru dining which was my downfall before. I still do it once in awhile but I make better choices. No sides, no sugared beverage, and portion sizes are smaller. I don't mind hitting taco bell and doing their drive-thru diet. A basic Subway turkey on wheat (no cheese) is another.

Not having too much trouble staying at 1800 calories or less, sometimtes I only do 1300-1400. That's a big change for someone who was accustomed to 3000+.

In summary, its really quite simple. Watch what you eat. Track it to make sure. Do it everyday. Exercise if and when you can.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, I know the simple equation for weight loss is calories in and calories out. You are living proof! CONGRATULATIONS! :bigsmile:
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Awesome victory!!! Getting healthly is better than a scale victory anyday in my book! Congrats!
  • jlr05m
    jlr05m Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! I am hoping that I will have the same victory in the not so near future. Thanks so much for sharing. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!