Helps me to be this anal ! ! !

Options
It's unfortunately true that I get really interested in gadgets and apps so finding this for my phone (in conjunction with Runkeeper) has made losing weight a lot easier.
Stupid, isn't it, but it is such a help to have the difference between a Jimmy John's #10 with or without mayo, for example, displayed with such a graphical slap in the face that it makes you confront the fact that you can't really just have this, or just have that as it all adds up in the end.
Anyhoo, hello to all & good luck with your aims.

Replies

• tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Gadgets ar good!!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's the reason it's been so successful for me :drinker:
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOVE gadgets!! I'm with you.......MFP helps me be able to make quick decisions when I need to while eating out........and at times keeps me in check when I'm at home!! I LOVE it!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    yep. checking calories on this site before buying something extra has really helped me avoid getting the extra thing.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree. The debate on nutritional values on menus and such: IMO would really make a difference. Good Luck in your journey!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    We ended upgeting smart phones soon after I joined MFP & it has made things SO much easier! I also have the C25K app and another running app that tracks my speed, distance & calories burned. Technology ROCKS!!! lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Another AP to add to your insanity: figwee
    It shows food items and lets you adjust the portion size you you can judge how much is on your plate in a restaurant of friend's home.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    LOL, it is a reality slap having the caloric intake right in front of you before actually ordering, let alone eating it. Wish sometimes I had all the apps, gadgets on my phone to save me the :noway: shock after looking it up on my PC afterwards!!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Best thread Ive read thus far ;)
  • juliean0624
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone. I've only been on this site for a week but I've already seen a different in my eating habits, cuz I check on here before I eat something. Good luck to all.
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to diet before, never really started. But the day a friend introduced me to MFP it sucked me in. I'm a Data Analyst by profession, so it speaks to something deep within me. I love data and analysing data and this App feeds me all the data I need to make the right choices. I use the defaults for Carb/Protein/Fat and am pretty anal about trying to meet each of the targets and I'm getting the predicted results which encourages me to keep it up. I have written my own spreadsheet as well to graph my weight loss and predict where I should be in the future and so far I'm losing weight exactly on trend. My husband calls it the Skeptics Diet, he loves the Skeptics Guide to the Universe etc and the approach advocated on this site just seems to make a lot of sense. I eat pretty much everything I used to eat, I now just have a much better idea of portion control.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. I've tried losing weight a million times before. But this app and website (and my friends here) have made ALL the difference. It even gave me the justification to finally get an iphone!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I found out about MFP just because i was looking through the app store on my iphone and being curious downloaded it, its prob the most used app on my phone!
    so useful when im out or food shopping and dunno whether to buy something so i scan the product with my phone and all the nutritional info comes up! :D also made me realise how bad the food I used to eat is for me.
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    I echo everyone's comments....the app is awesome!
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So true! I'm a technology junky as well and I'm completely hooked on the MFP app for my iPhone. I've been pretty good with my diet because I compulsively log everything I put in my mouth. It's so easy now!
  • K9Justice
    Options
    Just the other day my wife said to me that she thinks the only reason why I have been able to stick to this diet and lose the weight, plus keeping to my workout program is because of this app and the CardioTrainer Pro app for Droid. I only wish MyFitnessPal had some type of CardioTrainer type of function so I could keep using just one program instead of 2. In reality I used 3 programs, I cannot forget about Pandora.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Have got to agree!! Smart phone & mfp app = success for me!! 2 of the best things I've ever done - purchased an iPhone and joined mfp!! Good luck to all - great post :glasses:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    am I the only one that laughed at anal....yep...I went there..:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    HA HA :laugh: