Anybody else COLD?

Options
This is my first winter since down 65 lbs. and I cannot get warm! I mean, I am chilled if it is below 50 degrees! Gonna be a long winter here in Western New York!

Replies

• lightinurlife
    Options
    Yes! Last year was terrible. This year is a little better but I'm still freezing all the time!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yep. Less fat means less insulation. Get used to wearing extra layers. Keep an extra hoodie at work. Sometimes I wear a hat when I'm hanging around the house.

One of the very few "downsides" to ditching the excess fat.
  • Trotty2004
    Trotty2004 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Down 56 and always freezing! But hey I will take throwing on a sweater over throwing 56lbs back on ANY DAY!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much always cold now.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wear wool. Costco has these really wonderful very fine merino shirts that you can wear under anything. They are warm without being too warm for centrally heated spaces.

And layer. If too warm, remove a layer.

Wear a hat. A hat will always keep the rest of the body warm.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yep! any time I loose weight being cold is a side effect... I freeze while everyone else in my house is warm.. you just learn to wear thicker clothing and layers
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! :grumble:

i also think that our body is tryin 2 readjust (regulate?) itself as well...

so it'll take a lot of time prob... i'm hopin that i can get warm again.. tired of havin a blanket at my desk lol :laugh:
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wear layer upon layer upon layer to stay warm. I am kind of in the same boat. I am 30lbs lighter for this winter than last but my problem is that I always freeze! lol We'll see if I can make it through the winter lol
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I agree with Guru, your insulation is gone. Go get a couple of hoodies/sweat shirts
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing the same thing, I get cold so easy lately!

Which is weird, because my body usually runs pretty hot.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I live in FL and anything below 70, I am shivering now!:ohwell:
    Least I don't sweat as much in the summer haha
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm cold right now! Not looking forward to the Minnesota winter right now.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm very cold this fall, after loseing my weight. It is a lot different for me. This is the first time I'm really cold.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Oh, believe me, I'm not *****in', I'll happily put on another layer all winter long!
  • kahlee2000
    Options
    I'm down 58 lbs and last night the temp here in Utah got down to 30 degrees. I am freezing!!!! But I'm not willing to put the weight back on. :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak of nature. The cold bothers me less now. I can jog outside in shorts in the 30s. But I need gloves.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good socks/slippers during the day, and a microwavable rice pack at the foot of the bed at night. If my feet are cold, I'm miserable!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    YES! Freeeziiinggg
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I was just commenting on this the other day. This is the ONLY downside I see to my weightloss. Thank God I have a lot of blankets in my house!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Yes I am so cold!!!!! I do live in maine. When I run I wear gloves and a hat... I am stocking up on hand warmers for when I start to ski :)