First 5K!

Options
joysette
joysette Posts: 13 Member
I ran my first 5K last weekend, at just under 35 minutes. Unbelievable!

Replies

• julieisrad
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome!!!
    I really want to run one soon.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. I'm not fast on pavement. My first was around 45 mins, my most recent was 40:11. Great job!! I'm training for a half-marathon next Sept/Oct so I'm hella nervous.
  • himiller3
    Options
    wtg! Running is the best thing ever ;)
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job - and even greater time!!! Way to go, complete stranger that I am very happy for and proud of! :) Under 35 minutes sure is something to be proud of!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!! 35 minutes is my personal goal. My first 5K I finished at 41'03". My second 5K (which was this past Saturday in the cold, rain) I crossed at 38'35"
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!! Great Job....I'm not sure who wrote this but it is so true "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch"

I too have just started to run 5k, It feels great. Keep it up!
  • joysette
    joysette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome! Thanks for the support. The next 5K in the Chicago area is in December, but I don't know if I can run in the cold! There's a popular 8K in March I might try to go for. You all are awesome!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    WOW Great job!! Now on to the bridge to 10 k?
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great time too for a first 5k!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!