You're stronger than you know

Options
kneeki
kneeki Posts: 347 Member
I've done it! :drinker:

(pictures at bottom)

The 12 weeks have finally come and gone, and I've finally completed the MusclePharm challenge! The progress pictures have been uploaded and I can now finally relax! I've learned quite a lot in these last few weeks, namely about nutrition and what a diet really means. I've squatted until collapse, I cheered after a successful PR Deadlift, and even shed a tear or two in the weight room. Crazy? Maybe.

In these weeks I've discovered just how important it is to really maintain a solid diet. An off diet one day will likely result in poor performance in the gym as well. There are quite a few supplements that I really feel helped me get my body to where it is, and I'm going to credit them!

Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Calcium
Fish Oil
Multivitamin
Melatonin
Caffeine
MusclePharm Creatine
MusclePharm Assault
Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
Controlled Labs: Purple Wraath (BCAA's)
UPSLabs Jack3d

My workouts were some of the most intense of my life. I'm not joking about collapsing during squats. Everything I did I exerted maximum effort. I went from doing 3 pull ups (palms facing away) to 15 with an additional 20 pounds around my waist. Pull ups, man. Work your back! Below is roughly my weekly schedule.

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Chest, Biceps, Abs
Tuesday: Legs, with emphases on Quads
Wednesday: Shoulders & Triceps
Thursday: Deadlifts, Hamstrings, Calves
Friday: Whatever! I chose whatever I felt needed the most work, and did it
Saturday: Rest

Monday-Friday I did pull ups. Every... Damned... Day... MWF I did body weight, TT I did weighted in reverse pyramid fashion. And I know that this is not the most ideal setup for you sticklers out there on the internet, but this is what I did that worked for me. I did between 15 and 25 minutes of cardio as well Monday through Friday, max incline treadmill, at a brisk pace.

In reflection, this is one of the greatest experiences of my life, and Muscle Pharm did me personally a great service as without such a goal, timeline, and of course their products, I'm not sure if I would have ever gotten to this point. I've improved my life in all aspects that immediately come to mind (yes, even with my divorce) and I don't think I'd change a thing!

Well, other than my caloric surplus, that is! Next goal: 190lbs @ 7% body fat here I come!

*PICTURES!* http://i.imgur.com/1cp8z.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!