6lbs to go...

Options
I will be the proud new owner of a healthy BMI.
Also I will hit my 20lb loss mark.

I have been staying around my current weight for the past 3-4 weeks.
Anyone have advice how to jump start my weight loss again. =]

Thanks

Replies

• kimber_av
    Options
    edit your routine. our bodies will naturally settle and get used to what we are doing.
    so maybe switch up your diet (if you tend to eat the same breakfasts/lunches a lot)
    do different types of workouts or increase the amount.
    and a good way to keep your cardio effective.. do run/walks. it messes with our body so the running doesnt become habitual for it.

good luck! You can do this!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've been sitting here at around 4-6 pounds to go for about 2 weeks myself. Frankly, I'm kind of happy where I am size-wise. However, I know I could drop those pounds by restricting carbs even further, if I really wanted to do it.

On a different note, be happy that you've stayed at that weight for 3-4 weeks. It means you can. The big question for you is whether or not you'll be able to maintain at a weight 6 pounds less and whether or not you really need to lose those 6 pounds to be happy.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options

On a different note, be happy that you've stayed at that weight for 3-4 weeks. It means you can. The big question for you is whether or not you'll be able to maintain at a weight 6 pounds less and whether or not you really need to lose those 6 pounds to be happy.

Yeah I do! haha.
    Just because it isn't my UGW, which is 125-130. So after the next 6lbs I still have 10-15lbs to go.

But great point about maintaining. =] YAY good news=] Thanks
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Yeah I do! haha.
    Just because it isn't my UGW, which is 125-130. So after the next 6lbs I still have 10-15lbs to go.

But great point about maintaining. =] YAY good news=] Thanks
    Guess I should have read your signature. :laugh:

As the person before me suggested, the way to break out of a plateau is to do something different. Our bodies get used to the same routine. Up the intensity of whatever it is you're doing to workout or if you aren't working out yet, start. If you currently walk, add some running intervals. If you strictly do cardio, add some strength training. Bike instead of Zumba, swim instead of biking. You get the idea.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Thanks you guys!
    Big help.
    I do tend to get in the habit of eating the same thing everyday. I will def try to switch that up right away.
    =] And the rest will follow. =]