Ok girls..here's the story for us ALL

Options
VERY interesting info here, and apparently it is medical fact, so fret not girls...thank god for the way our bodies work. Please read this and maybe help make adjustments in case we didn't know so we can stop a plateau...

http://yournutritionista.com/post/117898068/do-women-burn-more-calories-while-on-their-period

And here is a GREAT one including what to avoid when TOM and aunt flo visit to keep weight coming off, such as wheat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and refined sugar, and as well, what we should eat to encourage weight loss at that time!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/390465-do-you-lose-more-weight-when-you-exercise-on-your-period/

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I already figured this out on my own. I loose about 2-3 pounds average during my period, while maybe only a half a pound to a pound when not! :)
    Btw.. I don't gain water weight, so i'm not losing water weight.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to read through the links :)
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. I ALWAYS weigh less on my period... HM good to know =]
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Hmmm...I never knew this. Thanks!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I already figured this out on my own. I loose about 2-3 pounds average during my period, while maybe only a pound and a half to a pound when not! :)
    Btw.. I don't gain water weight, so i'm not losing water weight.
    LUCKY!!! lol, I hold water like a vat! I knew this for a while, but came across these and figured I would share them since recently I had a mini mental meltdown over not losing a thing, and then the mystery solved itself by TOM showing up. I see so many of us getting discouraged and wanted to let others that maybe didn't know or hadn't thought about it that hey..there is a resonable answer. I even read where we should consume 100-300 calories more during that week. I do an extra 150 since I am 5'9 and it hasn't hurt me one bit, yay for that..lol.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    thanks! no wonder i eat like a horse the day TOM comes to see me
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That actually explains a lot! Thanks for this.
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    These are great!!!! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to tell every girl I know. ;D
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    These are great!!!! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to tell every girl I know. ;D
    Isn't it a relief?? I knew there was something that changed in that one week a month, but SOOOO wanted to share these when I found them so that everyone here who freaks when it comes, understands what happens. And, after all, we have a secret weapon..ba hahahahaa
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok this explains alot. Last month I lost about 3 lbs the week after TOM...I really didn't realize how much it impacts weight loss...It really NEVER occurred to me how much a factor TOM is!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! That's very interesting