What is 30 day shred?

Options
I'm still somewhat new and not sure what 30 day shred is that some people are doing...

Replies

• Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals from the biggest loser - DVD about $10 - you should google it!
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    It's a Jillian Michaels DVD...good stuff! I got mine from Target for about $10.
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    The 30 day shred is a 3-2-1 interval circuit training video with Jillian Michaels. I love it! It has easy to do steps but kicks your butt. I got it for 9 bucks at target, give it a try. Good Luck.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Super cool video! worth buying! i never have done the entire 30 days but with the short time it helped with toning!
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh man totally going to get it now!
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    You also need to purchase small hand weights!! Good for you! =]
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's a workout program thought up by Satan :tongue: . I'm in the middle of it now, just finishing up level 2 and getting ready to head into level 3. It's 3 levels, you spend 10 days on each level and they get a little harder as you progress. I hate it, but love it at the same time. The workouts are only 20 minutes, so they work perfect for my schedule and it definitely gives you results.
  • vz11
    Options
    I can totally do 20 mins. Don't think I can get through it all in the begining but I'm going to try! :smile:
  • ninkdole
    Options
    I can totally do 20 mins. Don't think I can get through it all in the begining but I'm going to try! :smile:

I couldn't get through the warm up jumping jacks without stopping when I first started. The most important thing is to just keep at it. If you need to stop, then stop, but just to catch your breath and then jump right back in again for as long as you can. You'll be amazed at how much your endurance improves and your body strength improves.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it from Play.Com in the UK at £4.99 free delivery, that seems like a good price to me.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    How do you record this for exercise?
  • DzyIzy
    DzyIzy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great DVD. Best I have ever tried. Easy to follow, but hard to do in a good way. I am dripping in sweat when I am finished. It is just 20 minutes. I have lost 2 inches on my waist since starting it (i am on day 23) I can't do all the moves in the beginning, but then it gives me a lot of room to grow and progress. It should stay challenging for me for a long time. which makes it great for such a low price. And it has 3 different workouts.

Only thing required are hand weights (i use 3 lbs and 5 lbs) and a surface (or mat) you can lie on for ab work. (I don't use a mat, I exercise on carpet)

Also some people say Jillian is mean? I don't find her that way at all, but encouraging in an honest way - as in telling you you can do this but you have to work hard for it. If you by chance haven't seen her before just be aware she isn't sweet and smiley.

It is a great buy, it is efficient, challenging, and unless you are already really fit - you should be able to progress with it for a long time.
  • ninkdole
    Options
    How do you record this for exercise?

I've been recording it as Circuit training- general
  • DzyIzy
    DzyIzy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Record as "circuit traing -general"
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    I have heard different ways of doing this! I have heard 10 days for each of the levels, but in the video she says to progress when you are ready. So what should I do?
  • ninkdole
    Options
    I have heard different ways of doing this! I have heard 10 days for each of the levels, but in the video she says to progress when you are ready. So what should I do?

It's 10 days at each level if you're trying to do it in 30 days. I'm part of a 30DS group on here and we're shooting for 30 days. If that's a little too fast for you and you don't have a time constraint just do what feels comfortable to you.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself that when you are 10 min into it and want to quit or die..trust me, KEEP GOING it's worth it. And you're going to hate Jillian Michaels after your first day..LMAO. It is GREAT and I love it, you should too!!
  • vz11
    Options
    Great info. I have a heart rate monitor to calculate my calories and I can't wait to see how much I burn. I'm lucky enought to have a gym with TV and DVD access at work so that's what I'll be doing on my lunch for sure!
  • ninkdole
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself that when you are 10 min into it and want to quit or die..trust me, KEEP GOING it's worth it. And you're going to hate Jillian Michaels after your first day..LMAO. It is GREAT and I love it, you should too!!

Lol. Oh, for sure. I actually started off hating her, but now I tolerate her as I find her sort of motivational. Except on level 2 when she says "I want it to burn, I want you gargling your heart by the end of this". :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!