HI. I am new here

Options
My name is Stephanie and I need to lose 80 more lbs to make it to my goal weight. I am now at 228 and started at 248. I was heartbroken yesterday when My surgery for gastric sleeve surgery was cancelled due to a crazy reaction to the meds in my iv. It caused me to panic and have chest pain. I was so scared and they rushed me to er and watched my heart and sent me home. I need to do this without giving up b4 I am done. I have made it 40 lbs here or 20 there and put it all back on plus some and that is not going to work. I have hbp and mvp so I have to move slow. I need motivation every day but as of now I saw the dietian for the surgery so I know how slow to eat and how to watch my intake. Any way its nice to be here and thanks for the oppertuntity.

Replies

• LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, welcome here! Great support system and tools to be successful. Really super nice people too. Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Bloom23
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie -

I am happy to have you here. I am however, sorry about your surgery for your sleeve. Although I had my sleeeve done 2 months ago (8-18-11) I will support you in ANY way I can!!! Feel free to add me if you wish! :)
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie, good luck on your weight loss journey. Remember everything begins with a lil baby step.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Stephanie -- good luck to you. although its easy to find advice on the physical part of this journey, its not often easy to find advice on the mental part of the journey. being that the mental part of the journey is often more difficult, I recommend reviewing my will power blog below and creating your own will power pill.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do fine. There's much support & advice to be found here.

I'm not much help on the medical issues, but I'll always send a smile your way.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie..welcome! You can add me if you want...:flowerforyou:
  • kaciroberts1585
    kaciroberts1585 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the place to come for inspiration and support! Sending you good weight loss vibes!! :bigsmile:
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome Daisy!
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed!
  • cbelt82
    Options
    Welcome! Wishing you all the luck in the world! Feel free to add me!
    Love
    Cassie
  • Airica83
    Airica83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome Daisy and Stephanie! This is actually the first time I've used the actual online feature.. I usually do everything through my phone. But it's nice to know this message board is here! Good luck to all!
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    Welcome...I'm sure you can do this if you put your mind to it. Your health is the main reason to stick with it and take it one day at a time ...Rome was not build in one day and neither will your body and weight loss, but eventually you will reach your goal...and i always say no matter how little or slow you loose at least you loose and not gain....
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    Thank you I will def. look at this thread:)
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    THank you Nati. I really needed to here that. I am having a hard time with the thought of how long it will take to do it. THe one good thing I am going to look forward to is hopefully seeing 2 lbs a week leaving my body! I will stay on this board bc all the failed attempts b4 were bc I was going at it alone.