Alcoholic Beverage alternatives

Options
I have cut back on how much alcohol I drink since I am trying to lose weight and be healthy. On occasion, I would still like to enjoy a drink or two. What are the options for low calorie drinks that aren't disgusting?

Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet tonic with a lime. Vodka is the lowest calorie liquor, I believe.

(or vodka with diet coke, diet sprite, club soda.... you get the picture)

I like to mix vodka with a little crystal light and a splash of sprite zero for a sweeter alternative. Or sometimes I do sugar free redbull and a splash of diet cranberry juice with vodka (sounds weird but tastes great)
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tea
    Sparkling water
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose! LOVELY
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Why not drink the beverages you enjoy? If you're not doing it all the time, you can plan for it, work out a little extra that day, etc. and truly enjoy the drinks with a nice meal or night out with friends.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Sprite Zero on ice FTW!!
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry=excellent!!!
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm with you on this one. If I can make my own (let's say having a party or going to a friends house) I'll have....

1. bacardi lemon rum, diet tonic water & 4C half/half. VERY YUMMY
    2. captain morgan spiced rum & diet coke

I'm not a big drinker but may have 1 or 2 glasses per month. I always double up on my water intake between drinks.
    I'll be curious to see what you get for responses.
    Good luck
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    I drink Vodka with regular water- so basically watered down Vodka. It's good! I usually pick a flavored vodka like cherry and add lime!
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like Jack and coke zero personally but use your imagination. Just make sure it's a distilled product (whiskey, gin, vodka, etc) + non sugary addition (diet drinks, sugar free red bull, lime or lemon juice, etc.) if you're trying to minimize calories.
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Jack and diet coke! I have one EVERY nite!! LOL I just make sure it's in my calorie limit
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Water?

Did you want only alcoholic beverages?
  • holzjw1482
    holzjw1482 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've always been a beer drinker and I've found that drinking Bud Select 55 (55 Calories) works great for me. I get the beer taste without loading up on liquid calories. Also, I like to drink sugar free Red Bull and Vodka on occasion.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Lately, vodka and sprite zero. :)
  • yterzis
    Options
    Vodka soda with lime! Delish.
  • criggs3000
    criggs3000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made a skinny margarita with the lime store brand of Crystal light and tequila.

White wine spritzer with diet sprite and any good wine

Diet sprite and a splash of low-cal orange juice and some fresh strawberry puree with vodka

Diet sprite and a few Maraschino cherries muddled together and cherry vodka
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've always been a beer drinker and I've found that drinking Bud Select 55 (55 Calories) works great for me. I get the beer taste without loading up on liquid calories. Also, I like to drink sugar free Red Bull and Vodka on occasion.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Bud Select 55 isn't really beer-flavoured.
  • howeclectic
    howeclectic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Alcohol content and calories are directly related. The higher the alcohol content the more calories. I believe about 60-80 calories per ounce of liquor and 120 for a light beer. Light beer is nice just because it is a lot of liquid and will allow you to drink slower. If you don't like light beer, however, the only low calorie option your typical bar will have is diet soda/tonics as a mixer. Orange juice, tomato juice, sours, lemonade will all be calorie bombs. What you might try is to get creative... Im not a fan of the taste of tonic so sometimes i will ask for something like "a vodka soda with a splash of lime/orange juice/cranberry". Soda water has no calories and can be perked up with a splash citrus. It wont knock your socks off, but its tolerable and within reason.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Another for vodka and diet cranberry juice.

I would probably just drink margaritas and not care though :bigsmile: or just do shots of tequila.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Why not drink the beverages you enjoy? If you're not doing it all the time, you can plan for it, work out a little extra that day, etc. and truly enjoy the drinks with a nice meal or night out with friends.

Agreed............jack and coke = awesome............jack and diet.............garbage............booze isn't good for you, if you are going to drink it, drink it the way you like instead of trying to rationalize it and "make it better"

I used to drink 2-3 beers every night after work, after starting this nonsense, I am more like 2-3 a week............when the calories are left i drink em'.........if not, water it is...............i don't care if i can have three bud selects instead of one "real" beer............give me the real stuff anyday.............