What do you think the ideal weight is for woman 5 foot 2 inc

Options
What do you think the ideal weight is for woman 5 foot 2 inches?
I am 5'2 I weigh 125 bmi is 23 but I still feel overweight just wondering what ya'll thought was a good weight for someone my age and height feel like I've been dieting forever even though its only been two months
best diet pills for women

Replies

• emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and the average weight is between 100-130. But in high school I was 125 and that was perfect for my height.

Have you tried toning rather than "dieting" and trying to lose more weight? Maybe you are at the perfect weight but now you just need to tone your body up and it will look better for you and be the change you need!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think it's completely different for each person. I'm 5'1" ish and know I look best around 105. I have a really small frame. I've seen other girls my height who look incredible at 130. So it definitely depends.

Stick with what feels most comfortable for you. Don't worry too much about the number on the scale.
  • Sbernardo7711
    Options
    I agree, I think 125 is a good wieght for 5'2" but if you are still feeling overweight you probably should starting doing some weight training! Body Pump is a great class to try if you have never tried it. It gets your heart rate up but also tones your muscles. Pilates would also be good!
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think it's completely different for each person. I'm 5'1" ish and know I look best around 105. I have a really small frame. I've seen other girls my height who look incredible at 130. So it definitely depends.

Stick with what feels most comfortable for you. Don't worry too much about the number on the scale.
    I totally agree. We are all built differently. As long as you are healthy and happy with the way you look, who cares about the number on the scale?
  • siems56
    Options
    hi, I am 5'2 at that age I was 125. I think that is a great weight, but if you think you are over weight maybe try getting toned. ( if you are not toned I mean) Maybe that may help you out. The thing now that helps me out at age 33 (and 2 kids) is counting calories. Good luck to you
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    If you have a good BMI and a good body fat percentage then if you're happy with yourself then you need not worry about your weight loss, however you still may want to improve your CV Fitness and strength which may lead to a pound or two dropped or gained but inevitably, some toning!

I have an article on my blog at http://harderbetter-fasterstronger.blogspot.com/ on how to calculate your "ideal" weight bearing in mind your lifestyle, but its not gospel. People tell me I'm not fat yet I'm about 6 or 7lbs over my "ideal" weight according to that calculation but you know I'm not so sure!

It does take in to account frame size too! Hope that helps! :) Just my opinion!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body bulit.

I currently weigh in the 190's but 5 foot 4 inches tall but the BMI says that I'm obese but my doctor says that I'm 30-50 pounds overweight which will bring me down about 140-160's but I have a swimmer's built which means that I have broad shoulders and long legs, narrow waist and hips area.

Hope this make sense to you.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What do you think the ideal weight is for woman 5 foot 2 inches?
    I am 5'2 I weigh 125 bmi is 23 but I still feel overweight just wondering what ya'll thought was a good weight for someone my age and height feel like I've been dieting forever even though its only been two months
    [url="http://www.she seriously linked to a diet pill site ]best diet pills for women[/url]

If your BMI is 23, then you're in a healthy range, and I'd ask that you maybe talk to a counselor about your body image. Also, WTF is the deal with posting the URL for a diet pill website?!
  • Chaplain2000
    Chaplain2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have always been told 109 to 118. But I think that is too small. I am 57 myself and I am shooting for a gold of 135. I am 5'1/2"
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think your weight is fine for your height! maybe you might want to tone up a bit-- also depends on your frame! If your frame is Medium your weight its fine the way it is, but if your frame is small maybe loosing 5 or 7 pounds will do. But if you tone up you will look trim without looking too skinny or feeling overweight! You'll be a hot tiddy *kitten*! :-) HOpe this helps! Honey I'm trying to get to your weight; making me a little jealous!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Why does the ticker in your profile says you would like to lose 51 pounds? :huh:
  • terahmjava
    Options
    You seem to be within the ideal weight for your size. I'm smaller than 5'1" and my personal ideal weight is 135 that was the happiest I was between feeling good and not watching everything I eat.

You may want to try watching your sodium intake. The bloated/fat feeling I always get is after I eat a lot of salt.

I recommend pilates or yoga if salt isn't the problem
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Why does the ticker in your profile says you would like to lose 51 pounds? :huh:

I agree. You definitely don't want to lose 51 lbs. if you already weigh 125. That would bring you to a dangerously low 74 lbs. Instead of losing weight you should just focus on some strength training to build some muscle and you may find you look better once you do that. Good luck!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing???
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Honeslty my goal is 125, but ideally I would say 118. I am 5 2 and have been between 106 and where I am now. 106- I looked anorexic and did not have anything up top. Happiest I was 115-120. Depends on how much you tone you can be heavier if you strenght train it looks the same as smaller. Just FYI