Muffin Top BeGone Solution?

Options
Hey everyone..

I first started at almost 250... I'm down to 174 now. I could wear a size 12 jean... but have to wear a 14 because I have to pull my pants up enough to cover my muffin top :(

Basically, I want to know if any of you have been through this and what you did to get rid of that. I realize my skin may take time to shrink down more... but I'd feel so much better if I could work on it some how. Just not sure how to.

Thanks so much!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    First of all, awesome job!

For me, it was the best thing to come down slowly on the weight - otherwise you end up with that loose skin problem.

It's a tough question to answer I think, because there is not a spot reduction approach to the situation relative to applying food or training.

But, if you keep it slow and steady - you might not have to deal with it and your skin will tighten up.

Keep up the great work!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Have you been toning? Cardio? I found with my body that I have to tone and do HIIT every other day to make progress. My muffin top is almost completely gone. Still have the pooch (what I like to call the bottom fat part of a woman's stomach) but I am working on that.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Abs workouts..lowers and uppers, planks, push-ups, obliques

Also, eating leaner meats...will help that..its the last to go..but at least you can help tighten it along the way.. hope this helps:wink:
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil show had a segment on that, but I don't remember exactly what they had the woman doing, You may go on his web site to older shows 3 months ago and see if you find out anything. His wife was doing the show with him.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other replies. Cardio, healthy diet, losing weight slowly, and more cardio.

Belly fat is one of the most difficult ones to get rid off. In my case, it's always the last to come off. Keep doing what you're doing and the muffin will get smaller as time goes by :)
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hate to be bearer of this news... but only way to slowly incinerate that muffin top is more cardio :noway: I'm around 162 lbs and can fit into size 8 pants now (That's a great accomplishment coming from a size 15/16 & 17/18) :smile: but it depends on the cut of the pants. Knock on wood... I haven't plateau YET but the trainer @ the gym has had me change my routines every few weeks. I've lost most of the fat in my thighs and rack but still have a lot in my midsection. I do weight training 3 times a week and now have added more cardio to help with this issue.
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight you have loss!! I have this problem too and I havent lost near as much weight at you. I know my stomach will be the last to go.. All of my pants are huge in the legs and butt but still fits my stomach..Very annoying!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    First off all, you're doing amazing =) And very inspirational! I'm in the same boat as you. I just bought a size 13 pair of jeans in juniors, and they fit my butt, thighs, legs great... But I have the muffin top. =( Stupid belly!.... I found a new toy I might buy! The ProForm Ab Glide. Suppose to help with the belly area, you can google it and see what you think.