No Scale Until After Thanksgiving!

Options
I am trying something new! Screw the scale! I am going to keep following MFP eating right, exercising and basically following this plan BUT I am not going to weigh myself until after Thanksgiving. "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity" I always seem to sabotage myself with the scale SO I am gonna try a new approach. Good-bye scale it was nice knowing you but I think our relationship needs a break for awhile! :bigsmile:

Replies

• SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I don't think I could ever do that. I am addicted to the scale.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Have to admit it, the scale has been wearing me down, maybe I should take a break too. Not sure I can do it though, might not be able to go almost a month without looking. But I probably should ween myself off of it.
  • Ssocrrbabe
    Options
    Thanks! I just think the scale depresses me and its not about the number on the scale, its about getting healthy, being fit and toned , looking good and getting into smaller clothes! lol.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just think the scale depresses me and its not about the number on the scale, its about getting healthy, being fit and toned , looking good and getting into smaller clothes! lol.

That's where I'm at.. i'm seeing results but the scale wants to argue with me.... I'm going to be doing this too!!! Let's see how it goes.
  • tristalyn5314
    Options
    I do the same thing its in my bathroom and I stand on the damn thing everyday like im going to lose 10pounds over night I hate that thing. So I still stand on it everyday but I don't input progress until my doctor weighs me. Its much more exciting to lose over 20lbs in a month than it is to lose .5lbs while you were sleeping
  • Emily102102
    Emily102102 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I AGREE!! I have decided not to weigh myself until November 17th :)
  • cayzweaver
    cayzweaver Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll make you a deal. How about no weighing until the Saturday before Thanksgiving? I am running my first 5K on that day and though I am in training, working out and eating right, and no drinkin at all, that evil little machine is messin' with my head!!! So I think I will take it to my neighbor's house until the day of the race. I do really want to know what I weigh before the Thanksgiving holiday as well, just so I won't be tempted to lose all control!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm just started this my self!!! No more scale .....I decided 1x a month......i feel good until I I step on the scale each week or every each day........I will still measure as this seems to show me success more often than the scale!! Good for you!! THe scale can really be a downer and not weighing every day I noticed Im paying more attention to how i feel and listening to my body so much more versus the scale telling how to feel so I'ts very liberating!!! Good for you!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    That sounds good but i couldnt do it. The scale has me addicited.
  • Ssocrrbabe
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! i will keep you all posted as this is the first time I've ever really NOT used the scale in my weight loss journey.