Question for the ladies??

Options
Since weighing in weekly, I am noticing on the week I get my period I am 2-3 pounds heavier that week, then after, I drop the weight then some (typically) I am just wondering how much everyone weight fluctuates during their period... never noticed it before! Just wondering if that is average??

Replies

• smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same for me!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup it is well known you retain water during that time D:

We have been having our period for years now, this shouldn't be a surprise or anything new :flowerforyou:
  • saritag79
    Options
    Yes, that's about average. But others may have more or even less!!!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I know that mine changes up to 5 lbs that entire week, and sometimes more the weeks before and after....but then i usually lost weight, so all good XD
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't even weigh myself during that TOM. Its depressing and I am emotionally unstable that week! I just hunker down with brownies and hope for the best of those who have to live with me!
  • EmYounginTonga
    Options
    I am 38 years old, and have never noticed it before this last year of weight loss, I have never had any signs of PMS or anything like that, so I was just wondering what the average is?? Never noticed, but I have never weighed myself on a regular basis either!
    Does everyone gain and loss 2-3 pounds or does it vary wider than that??
  • bsktlvr
    Options
    I do that every month. My gain is also 1.5 to 2.2 pounds usually about 3 days before I start. Then, about a week after that, I lose it and sometimes a little more. I have a good 2 1/2 weeks of losing, then bam! I never realized it either, but I'm glad it comes right off.:smile:
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates upto 5lbs during the week. It is frustrating but know fact for me ;-). If I give in to the PMS sideeffects (food cravings), I could easily gain couple more. So, it is important for me to stick to my calorie range and drink lots of water.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    During the week of my TOM I usually show a gain of 1-2 lbs and I have been steadily losing about 1 lb a week. By the following week I typically show it with a 2lb or so loss (from the week prior to TOM). It is really frustrating even if I can explain it!
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I average 1-3lbs. if I cave in to cravings it can go up to 5lbs.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate as much as 6 lbs. A little scary diet-wise to step on the scale and suddenly be up 5 or 6 lbs from the previous day, and then have to think, "oh, yeah, it IS that time of month!"
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same myself. I did a progress report for the last 3 months this morning and noticed that I have basically gone up and or down within the same 3 to 5 pounds around the same time each month. I only choose to log the lost weight so my progress report shows a plateau at these times of the month.

Or maybe it is because i am sitting on the couch eating chocolate for 3 to 5 days a month! lol
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Always! The week before I typically weight about 3lbs more. It's very annoying... I just don't bother weighing that week.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier but it was pushed wayyyy down in the list. Check out these articles, they may help. We actually require 100-300 more calories for that week. But go have a read, one article even tells you what to AVOID during TOM.

http://yournutritionista.com/post/117898068/do-women-burn-more-calories-while-on-their-period

And here is a GREAT one including what to avoid when TOM and aunt flo visit to keep weight coming off, such as wheat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and refined sugar, and as well, what we should eat to encourage weight loss at that time!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/390465-do-you-lose-more-weight-when-you-exercise-on-your-period/
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    week before my period and the WHOLE month before that, I dont lose anything and sometimes gain up to 1lbs. The day of my period I lose that pound plus like 3-4 more. The only reason I look forward to my period is because I know I can count on a loss. Its the only time really that I lose. :noway:
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    I had to do a public weigh in for my PT test on the first day of my period. But I can't complain because I passed it! NSV :) Honestly I don't notice too big of a difference one way or the other. What is important to me is how I'm eating and how much I work out vice the scale (as long as the scale is going down! Ha!).
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it at all yes it is depressing but it is completely normal one time during that week i gained 7 lbs!!!, i honestly dont know how lol...i felt pregnant again lol it sucked
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It's like 4 extra pounds for me and my tummy usually sticks out WAYYY more then normal the the following weeks weigh in I lose the 4 pounds then like 2 extra. It's awful lol.
  • amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Same here! I also gain 1-3 lbs while ovulating, stay that weight for 2-3 days and then after ovulation I go back down to my previous weight! Ovulation for me is like a mini-period...minus the period! lol