Needing to lose 20 lbs???????

Options
Hi there, I am wanting to lose 20 lbs and I have been on this for about 6 weeks now and I am bouncing up and down. One day feeling good about what I am doing and the next I have put back on a few pounds. I stay within my margins when it comes to my calorie eating and I do excercise one way or another daily. For example: walking one night, then cardo the next night and I switch them around. I might have missed 5 days without working out but I still do daily cleaning, shopping and just working on my house with constrcuctions. What am doing wrong and is there a way to lost the proper weight, in a reasonable amount of time like 3 months and would I do this without gaining it all back? Puzzled and struggling?

Replies

• Browneyes242
    Options
    Hi there, I am wanting to lose 20 lbs and I have been on this for about 6 weeks now and I am bouncing up and down. One day feeling good about what I am doing and the next I have put back on a few pounds. I stay within my margins when it comes to my calorie eating and I do excercise one way or another daily. For example: walking one night, then cardo the next night and I switch them around. I might have missed 5 days without working out but I still do daily cleaning, shopping and just working on my house with constrcuctions. What am doing wrong and is there a way to lost the proper weight, in a reasonable amount of time like 3 months and would I do this without gaining it all back? Puzzled and struggling?
  • crayonstealer
    Options
    If you have already lost some weight, and are now finding you are "stuck" where you are, you need to boost up your workouts. Either add more weights, more reps or just work out longer. Once your body becomes accumstomed to what you are doing, it does just what it needs to survive, nothing more. You have to start challenging it more:bigsmile: .
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi... I was in the same boat that you are in.... I have managed to lose 10 lbs, but it's taken me 3 months!!! You just have to find your groove and really dedicate yourself to working out hard and eating all of your calories. I think that's where I was going wrong, not eating enough calories each day. Hopefully, the lbs will start falling off soon for you! Good luck!! And by the way, your chihuahuas are ADORABLE... I have two of my own!!!
  • NoMoreYoYoJP
    Options
    Another thing you may wish to try is alternating your daily caloric intake. I've been reading a lot lately and one thing that stuck out (from Jillian Michaels and others) is that if you consistently eat 1400 calories a day, your body will adapt to that.

The suggestion is to alternate and eat 1300, then 1500, then 1400 and so on. Make sure you're not consuming beyond your weekly total and you may break the plateau.

I hope this helps...Good Luck!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It gets harder the closer you get to your goal:explode:

This is the time to redouble your efforts to:
    *track your food daily
    *weigh or measure everything
    *eliminate "empty" calories
    *amp up your workouts
    *drink more water :drinker:
    *take it one day at a time
    *get on the scale only once a week at a certain time

You can do it---don't quit five minutes before the miracle :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    if you have 20lbs or less to lose it doesn't come off easy- You have to fight it off kick up your workouts- In my opinion cleaning house,yard work, shopping ect.. isn't working out- You really need to get a good hardcore workout in-

I am down 13lbs out of my 20 I workout atleast 4 days a week in the gym for no less than an hour and won't leave until I atleast burn 500 calories but I typically burn more than that doing cardio/weight training- I eat anywhere between 1400-1500 calories a day- It takes time but the weight will come off- Push yourself harder in your workouts make sure you are eating the right foods. Don't give up
  • Browneyes242
    Options
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for the support. It has been difficult and I am to the point of quitting but to each and everyone of you you have given me a new sense of direction and the push that I needed. I am going to take all the input and I am going to implement a different strategy and push, push and make it to my goal

I love my chihuahua's they are the best and they get to be a part of my excercise. I take them for daily walks and we started out at 1/2 an hour and now we are just walking for the sake of walking. I love it and it really make them happy.

Have a wonderful Easter and talk to you soon!

Browneyes