Pregnant, Lazy, Need of Prayer and motivation

Options
ok here's my problem in a nut shell. I am 13 weeks pregnant trying to get in shape but cannot seem to get myself off the sofa or from in front of the computer. i had this extreme lazy syndrome when i was pregnant with my son but i am really wanting not to end up the same way with this baby. please pray and motivate this tubby preggers thank you

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The first trimester is known for making people more tired than normal. If you have the time, try to find a water aerobics class or a water pregnancy class in your area. Takes all the pressure of your joints and feels fantastic.
  • rospetals
    rospetals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe get a pedometer, try to walk 10,000 steps a day. Every step counts! That will get you moving and walking is good for you.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for you...
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    There are 2 forums on this board for pregnant women - pregnancy Nov 2011 and fit, fabulous, and pregnant. I am sure they would love to help you and keep you motivated plus it will help you with people in a similar situation.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    How active were you before pregnancy? Were you regularly exercising? Any kind of cardio or weights?
    If you weren't don't try to get into shape with the pregnancy...if you were, continue to do what you were doing before...but as you get farther along in your pregnancy, adjust how you're doing anything....
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! The first trimenster is the hardest. I would just walk for 30 mins a day and then start increasing per week. Eventually you will be motivated. i will be praying for you as well!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im praying for u sis ILY :) we can help motivate each other :) dont let me slack and i will keep you moving :)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    How active were you before pregnancy? Were you regularly exercising? Any kind of cardio or weights?
    If you weren't don't try to get into shape with the pregnancy...if you were, continue to do what you were doing before...but as you get farther along in your pregnancy, adjust how you're doing anything....

i wasnt extremely active but i wasnt this lazy. my doctor said that getting fit will help me better than not. also the doctor told me that a pregnant person has to be more cautious than others but she is still able to do things and work out. if i was extremely before i would still be able to
  • bribabyu
    Options
    thank you all on your prayers and motivations. i hope it helps <3 sis ily muy muy mucho tambien <3
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby.the first trimester you will be more tired, listen to your body and rest when feel the need... start taking some pre-natal vitiamins..and try get in a short nap everyday. slow walks are good , enough to keep you active without putting too much strain on the pregnancy
  • bribabyu
    Options
    thank u <3
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options

i wasnt extremely active but i wasnt this lazy. my doctor said that getting fit will help me better than not. also the doctor told me that a pregnant person has to be more cautious than others but she is still able to do things and work out. if i was extremely before i would still be able to

You are correct in that...especially if you're dr. said it's ok for you to...Just do what you were doing before....My mom, when she was pregnant with my sister, slept ALL the time....It's like it's the body's reaction to some pregnancy's...
    Yeah, if you were extremely before you sure could..I've got a lady in my Zumba class that is due in January and she's been doing zumba for a long time and is still doing it...she has adjusted some of her moves but still gets going....
  • bribabyu
    Options

You are correct in that...especially if you're dr. said it's ok for you to...Just do what you were doing before....My mom, when she was pregnant with my sister, slept ALL the time....It's like it's the body's reaction to some pregnancy's...
    Yeah, if you were extremely before you sure could..I've got a lady in my Zumba class that is due in January and she's been doing zumba for a long time and is still doing it...she has adjusted some of her moves but still gets going....

wow thats awesome for her. i am about to do some zumba i love it lol