Whats your favorite race?

Options
So I just finished my first Half Marathon in Akron, OH a couple of months ago. It was so amazing and such a rush, I loved every minute of it. So much that I want to continue running as many races as I can.

I have decided to start a new life goal... to try and run a race in every US State. So far I ran a race in Virginia, Ohio, and Washington DC. I just signed up for another Half in Charleston, SC in January.

My question to all those runners out there.... What was your favorite race? Which one was the most fun? i've heard there are marathons where bands play while you run!!! I am looking to do 10k's or longer! Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ragnar Relays are awesome! I also love the AF canyon half and Halloween Half here in Utah. I want to do a Rock and roll marathon
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Guess I've kinda takin' a likin' to half marathons myself. Everyone has a special memory for some reason - good and/or bad. Rock and Roll Marathons/HM have bands along the course. The Indy Mini has bands as well - more than the R&R one I did in San Diego.

Good luck on your quest for all 50!!
  • healthieryou
    Options
    My first was the Crim in Flint, MI. It took place at the end of August.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I haven't ran one yet, want to do tough mudder
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    On I did in Sparta, MI it rained really bad so there were puddles up to my knees to run through. IT WAS SO FUN and muddy!!!
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

This looks so Tough!! Maybe in a few years LOL...http://toughmudder.com/
  • spencer72
    Options
    Anything with DANGER! Mud Runs, Warrior Dashes, Run-A-Mucks's, Zombie Runs...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

This looks so Tough!! Maybe in a few years LOL...http://toughmudder.com/

But looks fun right?! I wanna do it so bad!