Has anyone tried the Eat Clean Diet?

Options
I don't really mean to say the word "Diet" but I wanted to know if anyone has ever lost a lot of weight just by eating clean and moderate exercise?

I tried it and gave up too quickly because I wasn't really sure how much of everything I was supposed to eat or where my carbs/fat/protein levels should be each day so I went back to eating really low carb for a jump start... now I want to start adding a little bit of normal food back into my diet and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice on eating clean... I have Toscana's books but most of those in her books werent really over weight... I was going to start that way of eating once I had hit my maintenance phase, but now I am thinking twice about that.

Replies

• kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is always a good idea. You'll be healthier, get more out of your food, enjoy the flavors, and overall you can't go wrong. It's not a diet or a means of weight loss as much as it is a sustainable philosophy to live by.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, I am sort of on that diet. I am on a cleanse where I ONLY eat fruits and veggies for 21 days. I am up to day 17 now and I lost 10 pounds so far. It gave me more energy and I am please with the results. I do miss meat and diary though.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I always wash my veggies and fruits before I eat them.
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I did it and there was weight loss...it will be a gradual drop. The exercise portion is important, but the eating clean is good. It's a healthier approach to food and leaving the processed stuff alone.
  • tegeos
    tegeos Posts: 20
    Options
    I completed a 21 day clean eating cleanse where I lost 10 lbs. Restricted food intake as far as options are concerned, but you could eat a lot. Lots of raw veggies and fruit plus lean fish/meat (no pork or red meat). Also nothing processed so basically nothing out of a can, box, bag, jar, etc. It was amazing and I felt so good.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I do a "decent" version of the clean thing currently.
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    eating clean is the best maintenance...Tosca Reno makes a lot of sense....it is not just for losing weight...but staying healthy
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now. It's very very restrictive but I feel a lot better for it. Only 2.5 weeks in though and and the odd problem with staying with grandparents and needing to not be rude.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • sbgraves
    Options
    Are you talking about the books by Tosca Reno? I did it STRICT for 2 weeks and lost 7-10 lbs depending on the scale I used. I love because it is not limited by calories. you are more tuned in with your body actually feeling full. It is most def a way of life though not a diet.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    We have been clean eating. No processed food, no sugar, no white rice, flour ect. Its unbelievable how your taste can change.
    Before I never understood when my boyfriend would complain about tasting the oil or sugar. Now I know. Even our favorite chinese take out has gotten off of our favorite list. It tastes gross. It does take alot of time in preparing home made meals, but we have both lost 20lbs and feel so much better.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I eat clean foods because it's gross to eat dirty food.
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    I have been using the guidelines of the eat clean diet for over a year. The concept of several small meals along with including protein with every meal works great. I am now watching portion control using the food diary on MFP. I think if you combine the calorie counting feature of MFP and the meal plans laid out in the Eat Clean cooler plans you will be very successful and a lot healthier.
    Good luck!
  • soozeeg
    soozeeg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    try the Fat Flush Diet.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    try the Fat Flush Diet.
    Oh now that sounds legit.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I do miss meat and diary though.

Your diary should still be accessible regardless of what you're eating.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I do miss meat and diary though.

Your diary should still be accessible regardless of what you're eating.

Left it at the butchers?
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I always wash my veggies and fruits before I eat them.

Cute :wink: