Calories burned in a 60 min. Zumba class?

Options
Does anybody knows?

Replies

• sunnygal
    Options
    It all depends on how much you are moving and shakin it! I wear a heart rate monitor and have burned mid 400's to mid 600's depending on the day and if I have done and cardio/strength before hand.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
  • ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Does anybody knows?

My girlfriend teaches Zumba, and she went to some website that you could put in the time and some other details, and it would give you the calories burned. If I can find it, I'll post it here.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It depends on the class, how much you weigh, age, etc...I would say anywhere from 250-500.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
    Its only approx.. if you want the correct amount you should look into getting a HRM
  • emilyajones
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I burn about 600-750 calories in an hour per my gowear fit...( same as bodybugg) I still have 90 so pounds to lose, so keep that in mind as to the differences for you.....but also have knee and ankle issues...so I'm not able to do some of the intense zumba quite as much as most people....love love love Zumba! :)
  • ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
    Its only approx.. if you want the correct amount you should look into getting a HRM

Yes, this is the one my g/f uses.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Get you a heart rate monitor to know for sure. I am 5'6 185 lbs and burn anywhere from 500-650 if I'm moving alot. Depends on the type of Zumba and what you've done before. If I do a sculpt an tone zumba for about 45 min. I only burn about 400. I have a HRM from Academy it is a MIO and it was only about $44 and it works great. I've tested others too and it is right on target with the others.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It would depend on your size, current fitness level, how hard the class was, etc.
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you!