P90X Thoughts

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I've watched a few dvds while on a long flight. hahaha stewardess gave me crap for that. You can do them at 3 levels. Intense, medium and beginner.
  • Jedibeau
    Options
    Like I mentioned in my post, the P90 original is a great launching point. The work outs are around 30 minutes. Then you can move onto the P90 Master series around 45 minutes each workout. Once you get through those you can conquer the monster for sure!

The X in P90X is extreme!
  • Jedibeau
    Options
    Like I mentioned in my post, the P90 original is a great launching point. The work outs are around 30 minutes. Then you can move onto the P90 Master series around 45 minutes each workout. Once you get through those you can conquer the monster for sure!

The X in P90X is extreme!
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Let me throw a twist into my original question, we've established that P90X is a difficult system, is there a system that you would all recommend as a "launch point" to start the journey in a way to maximize the chance of success and not burn out too quick. Basically a gradual build up to the monster.

I was out of shape and was still able to do this. You can too. You don't need to start with something less. Just modify to your level. Its such a great feeling when you increase your efforts. What makes this work is not the fact you are doing an exercise for an hour but you are confusing your muscles. You will not only lose weight but you will tone up your whole body because it is such a balanced program. The 90 Min Yoga is only one day and it's broke up into two parts.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I bought the P90x system, but couldn't keep motivated to give up the time to workout at the house. (The dogs and kids don't really make me accountable.) What's working for me now is I joined a boot camp group. They keep my accountable for being there at 6am each morning, 3 days a week. I'm not sure if you have any Groupon deals in your area, but in mine they are always advertising great deals on boot camps. The P90x will make you find muscles you never knew exisited but my boot camp group does the same thing with the encouragment and accountability.
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    That's a good idea too Kate, certainly an option to look at locally for me, I'd just have to get over my inherent shyness ( oh the issues I have would fill a book ) :)
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have a shyness problem too. My ex husband used to call me a unibomber because I'm so hesitant in social settings.
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    ok I've never been called a unibomber ;) but I do understand your point.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I had done 2 rounds of Insanity before starting and i'll admit, P90X bored me a little in the beginning. But then i realized i wasn't pushing myself so i began lifting a lot heavier. And now i'm on round 5 of it, and i'm glad i saw it through.

I kind of feel like it gave me the tools to make my own lifting program for when i didn't have an hour a day, and even if you are feeling kind of exhausted that day you don't have to heft around 50lb dumbells, just lower the weight and you can get through it.

I honestly wouldn't trade my P90X OR Insanity DVDs for anything, i really enjoy them :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I had done 2 rounds of Insanity before starting and i'll admit, P90X bored me a little in the beginning. But then i realized i wasn't pushing myself so i began lifting a lot heavier. And now i'm on round 5 of it, and i'm glad i saw it through.

I kind of feel like it gave me the tools to make my own lifting program for when i didn't have an hour a day, and even if you are feeling kind of exhausted that day you don't have to heft around 50lb dumbells, just lower the weight and you can get through it.

I honestly wouldn't trade my P90X OR Insanity DVDs for anything, i really enjoy them :)

"like"
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    Well I think I'm going to take my friend up on his offer and borrow his P90X system and give it a try and see what happens :) Thanks everyone for the tips and opinions!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Well I think I'm going to take my friend up on his offer and borrow his P90X system and give it a try and see what happens :) Thanks everyone for the tips and opinions!

Good luck!
  • Samgramm
    Samgramm Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. As everyone here said it, you get what you put into it. If you are worried about it being to hard, try Power 90. It is the program that came before P90X. It's still a great program that will get you in shape, it's just not as intense as P90X. But you always have the option to modify it until you can do it. If you look on you tube, there are a lot of videos people have posted of their P90X workouts, so you can get an idea of the exercises you would be doing. I say go for it.

Good Luck!
  • Cassiopeia00
    Options
    Eric I didn't know you were starting P90X! IT ROCKS!! My first bout with it lasted sadly too short of completing the program due to conflicts in schedules (life happens, time to do it was cut short, etc... crusty old excuses, I know!) but I dropped 12 pounds in the first month alone (sadly I have gained it back since, le sigh) and that is what began my newfound LOVE of mild weightlifting (seriously, I dreaded the weights until the program, which taught me how to actually do it correctly... I've been addicted to light weights ever since). You are going to absolutely love love love P90X! Keep us updated with your progress through it!

... I'm finding myself wondering now since you bringing it up if I could start it again and sneak a P90X workout in after classes when I would usually have gym time... it was so very, very awesome *finger tent*...