I need a CHALLENGE and MOTIVATION!!!!

Nikki233
Nikki233 Posts: 4
Hi guys,

As most of us, I joined MFP because I am trying to lose weight and feel comfortable with my own body. I've tried every diet one can imagine, and working out was never on my agenda. However, I've had enough and it's time for me to change my lifestyle in order to achieve the goals I set for myself.

Therefore, I am reaching to members of MFP to get honest ideas and opinions which will hopefully motivate me on this path, especially since my family and friends will always tell me I look great the way I am (which is clearly not true). I am a very competitive person and love to challenge myself, therefore, I wanted to ask ALL OF YOU how to go about doing that. I've seen people joining different groups and what not, however, I surely don't know how to participate.

Does anyone have any ideas, or would like to join me in a certain challenge? I wanted to set a challenge to fit in a SEXY dress by NYE, and look great in it, so let's set some goals and work together =)

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Nikki <3

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I have a FIT Challenge you can join. Message me if you want info!
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi,

This site is great to help you stay motivated and you will find a lot of support here... With that being said, how much are you trying to lose? what are your fitness goals?
  • Undertook a lifestyle change starting August 1, 2011.... One of my goals is good, bad or ugly I always log in and record the "calorie events" of the day. I am gunning for 365 days... recently passed 80! I use my blackberry to log daily items so that helps... also the friends I have met here giving unbelievable support to me! My challenge to you! See if you can keep tracking anything and everything maybe even match my goal of 365 days straight!
  • This is amazing I just re-joined yesterday because I need to fit into a sexy dressby NYE as well! I am coming off a bad break up in which I gained quite a bit of weight. All my family friends say the same thing that I'm fine just curvy. Well I disagree tremendously. And now that I'm actually weighing myself EEEEEKKKK. Well I'm trying to lose 50 by NYE I know thats like a crazy insane amount but I know me and in order for me to accomplish something I have to go ALL IN. I'm checking out diferent workout plans as we speak to get the most out of the next 58 days.
  • Last March when my thryoid went Kaput....I signed up for a marathon in the fall...only running one official race prior to that (a 5K) Find something that is outside your comfort zone around NYE like a 10K, 15K, Half Marathon..something and go for it!
  • @ Gracielee
    I am trying to lose 50 lbs. That's my ultimate goal, but I know it will take a lot of time and effort to reach this goal. That is why I need to stay in touch with people who are going through the same issue :)
  • Undertook a lifestyle change starting August 1, 2011.... One of my goals is good, bad or ugly I always log in and record the "calorie events" of the day. I am gunning for 365 days... recently passed 80! I use my blackberry to log daily items so that helps... also the friends I have met here giving unbelievable support to me! My challenge to you! See if you can keep tracking anything and everything maybe even match my goal of 365 days straight!

Thank you so much for responding to my post, and that is a great challenge. I will do my best to complete my 365 days :).. Now that we're friends on MFP we can help and motivate each other.. Btw, great job on your 80. That's a great success! :)

Nikki
This discussion has been closed.