Hello

Options
Just wanted to say hi :smile: My name is Sarah. I've been a member for awhile started off doing it solo at first so needless to say I started strong then trailed off until you guessed it I stopped logging all together and decided it was time to jump back in and start holding myself accountable again. This time I thought by being more active in the site it would help, so I figured introducing myself is a good place to start.
I work chained to a desk in Dallas but live about 30 mins north ( I 35 traffic is not my friend) I enjoy working out in the morning so in order to avoid traffic I wake up early to head in and either hit the gym or get a run in downtown not to mention the fact that if I don't get it in first thing I have no idea where my day will take me so rather get it done before things start piling up. I don't know anybody else on the site so would definitely like to make as friends to share in stories and keep myself on track. I don't really have a lot of weight to lose but need to keep active and eating right. So here I go and this time I just need to stick to it. My favorite quote lately has been "Eat for the body you want, not the one you have".

Replies

• vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    howdy from a fellow texan! down in houston though. ;) feel free to add me for support. ;)
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    I am fairly new to this. Welcome back. Add me as a friend if you want to.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    Absolutely I'll add ya!! I'm a Texan too. Live in Canyon, TX but do have family around the Dallas parts. Good Luck!
  • kiahbaby
    Options
    WELL WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. ALSO WAS GOING AT IT ALONE AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT WASNT WORKING. I THINK I WOULD BENEFIT GREATLY FROM HAVING A STRONG SUPPORT SYSTEM. IF I CAN HELP U IN ANY WAY, LET ME KNOW...GOOD LUCK!
  • wharvey36
    Options
    I created this account months ago and fell of the wagon due to work and school. I really need to do something for my health. I am in sunny southern California. I have between 40-50 lbs I would like to lose. So, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! Welcome back!

Your story is very similar to mine....I started off logging on the site 'solo' to try and lose some weight for my wedding, but tailed off into nothing! Now, I've re-started but dived in posting on all the boards, adding people and commenting... and I must say the boost it gives is incredible!

Like you, I have a desk job with a long commute driving everyday, so Im all about finding ways to squeeze exersize in. I'm a little bored of the gym, so trying to keep up with alternatives like running, swimming and exersize classes.

Together, I know we can all do this!

Sarah (from England) x
  • SandyCurrier
    Options
    Tried to add you, it wouldnt let me?

Just wanted to say hi :smile: My name is Sarah. I've been a member for awhile started off doing it solo at first so needless to say I started strong then trailed off until you guessed it I stopped logging all together and decided it was time to jump back in and start holding myself accountable again. This time I thought by being more active in the site it would help, so I figured introducing myself is a good place to start.
    I work chained to a desk in Dallas but live about 30 mins north ( I 35 traffic is not my friend) I enjoy working out in the morning so in order to avoid traffic I wake up early to head in and either hit the gym or get a run in downtown not to mention the fact that if I don't get it in first thing I have no idea where my day will take me so rather get it done before things start piling up. I don't know anybody else on the site so would definitely like to make as friends to share in stories and keep myself on track. I don't really have a lot of weight to lose but need to keep active and eating right. So here I go and this time I just need to stick to it. My favorite quote lately has been "Eat for the body you want, not the one you have".
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    welcome back Sarah. sounds like the nasty complacency creep got the better of you for a bit. It sure has got the better of me in the past. Anyway, glad to hear to kicked that creep to the curb and you're ready to continue your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, Sarah! I'm not a Texan :frown: but I'm relatively new to this site, and I am always looking to meet new folks to share weightloss tips, and exercise methods etc...just support. Feel free to add me, if you'd like!