Trying to get remotivated

Options
I have lost my motivation the past few days to eat right and exercise so I thought by posting before and midway pics of me then it might keep me motivated. These were taken a year apart and I am wearing the same shirt.

imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
IMG_20111018_235934-1.jpg

Replies

• 4me2day
    4me2day Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've come so far! One thing I am really avoiding is "trying" anything. I just do it. For example: Try to lift you hand. Nothing happens until you actually lift it. "trying" is only a word but it seems to be completely powerless to make things happen.
    Just a thought.:happy:
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested to see your pictures but sadly I couldn't figure it out as the pictures aren't displayed and there's no link, and the mumble jumble didn't work in my search bar lol.
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How in the world can you become "unmotivated" after losing 70lbs?! You have had GREAT success! I know it's easy to get burned out, but you are surrounded by lots of folks here at MFP who are cheering you on! Keep up the hard work!
    *Btw-is that a Westie in the second picture on your profile?
  • 4me2day
    4me2day Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see pics either...but 70 lbs is amazing!!!
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would say that my main motivation right now is that I want to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm not trying to lose weight or be skinny. I want to be active, in shape, and eat right. I enjoy going to the supermarket and picking out different veggies and fruits. And I've been saving a lot of money by not eating out (who wants all that processed, junk food anyway).
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "Wow! You've come so far! One thing I am really avoiding is "trying" anything. I just do it. For example: Try to lift you hand. Nothing happens until you actually lift it. "trying" is only a word but it seems to be completely powerless to make things happen.
    Just a thought. "

WOW, I needed to SEE/HEAR this! Thank you. I can't see the OP's pictures.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to edit this post for a while now but my internet keeps going down. Finally got the pics to show up but it cut off half of my face even though I have resized it on photobucket. Ugggh. This is much more difficult than it should be.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You look great! Bet you are feeling really well, too.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Got on the treadmill and although I didn't walk as fast as I normally did, I did walk for an hour. I feel pretty good.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's normal to have a down day or few days here and there. You lost 70 pounds...you're a freakin' *soldier*. You look great and you can do this :)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You'll find nothing but encouragement here. And you know what you need to do.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!