What's for dinner tonight?

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I'm starving and not sure what I should have... I'm thinking possibly honey mustard glazed shrimp over rice... but then I just saw this awesome looking baked zucchini fries recipe that sounds really good... What are you guys having for dinner tonight? (Under 500 calories please :)

Replies

• mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm starving and not sure what I should have... I'm thinking possibly honey mustard glazed shrimp over rice... but then I just saw this awesome looking baked zucchini fries recipe that sounds really good... What are you guys having for dinner tonight? (Under 500 calories please :)

My old standby of grilled king salmon, rice, and assparagus:)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Salmon here to! Grilled on the barbie with a huge green salad to die for.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm expecting to have around 1000 calories to play with after my workout tonight, so I might treat myself to some Taco Bell. There are some surprisingly low-cal options on the Fresco Menu. Three Fresco softshell tacos come in at between 500-600 calories (the exact number eludes me at the moment, but I used to know it by heart). :)
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You probably won't want what I am eating but
    Baked chick breast
    1 cup of black eyes peas seasoned with candian bacon
    1 cup green beans
    1 tsp. olive oil

Those zucchini fries sound cool.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options

sounds like a BB meal. Yum
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Potstickers made in low sodium broth, wild rice and brussel sprouts.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    pasta with a garbanzo bean, bacon, mushroom, spinach and tomato saute

actually 583 calories
    But you could cut down the beans

Most people probably don't need a whole can
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We are having homemade chili. I make it with leanest ground beef, onion, diced tomato with green chilis and tomato sauce. Season with garlic, chili pwdr, oregano and cumin and red pepper flakes if it isn't spicy enough, black pepper. No salt added. The seasonings and canned tomatoes add enough salt to taste good. BTW I soaked a pound of beans overnight and cooked until tender instead of using canned, but canned beans would save a lot of time. There will be enough left for a couple of lunches for my husband as well as a 6 cup container for the freezer.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Left-overs! My husband will eat the enchiladas & I'll make myself a grilled sandwich.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options

sounds like a BB meal. Yum

Living in the PNW I usually get to stock up on a variety of different salmon for the grill:)
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    1 cup of grapes. Water.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Ohh Those sounded yummy! I went with shrimp and rice with a homemade spicy honey mustard sauce. It was yummy and just about 400 calories