Time for a change

Options
Hello,
I've been on again off again on here and now I need to get serious. I was going to lose weight for my wedding but my dress fit so i didn't bother. Then we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and I hated all the pictures. I can't retake those :( I have got to stop being sad about how I look and do something about it. I've been really keeping track for about a week. Yesterday a co-worker put a picture of all of us from halloween up on her FB and someone commented on her picture that I needed to lose 50 pounds. While that is true, it was very hurtful and now more than ever I need to be accountable and stop eating everything just because it tastes good. I don't ever want to feel the way I did when I read that comment again. Here's to a new start!

Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    you can do it! And never forget, that snooty person who said that....... ( and that is SO obnoxiously rude... i'm so sorry! I've had people call me * massive* to someone I care deeply about in the past..and it was SO insulting! So I understand.) But that person...will likely no ever change their rude, judgemental disposistion...but you can and will change your body to to where YOU want it... ( not for anyone else!)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Screw the haters! If you are going to successfully change, it needs to be because you are not satisfied with what you see (as you have indicated). I'll be dang if I let some FB retard dictate what I do and don't need to lose. They can all go kick rocks! You go out there and be awesome because of what you need to do, not because of what someone else needs you to do. Good luck on your journey!
  • groovylittlerockstar
    Options
    What a terrible comment to make on facebook! I know where you are coming from...I look at pictures and think the same! Congrats on your new start!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie. This is a great site for support and motivation just log in everyday & do a workout 3 times a week, more even better, and you will see results. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • simpliamazing
    Options
    Hello, I'm Danette, I have been obese my whole life. I will be turning 35 next month and ready for a change. My motivation is my kids watching them grow and becoming successful in life.
  • ajernbsn
    ajernbsn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have made a great decision, and I think you will love this site. I wish I would have found it loooong ago. I was getting to the point of giving up--nothing worked, not WW, nor low carb. In the past week since I started here, I have felt so much better--much more energy. And I lost 2 #!! For me, it's about learning accountability for my eating and exercise. And the support here is tremendous! You CAN do this!!
  • Natalie410
    Options
    welcome back and do this for you not anyone else. people are rude and will never change but do this so that you feel good in your own skin. GOOD LUCK
  • Roseanne64
    Options
    THat's horrible and I bet it did hurt. But don't change because someone is an idiot. Do it simply for yourself! You can do it because you are worth it.
  • mrshuerta11
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. I feel better already!! I know I can do this!!