So hardd!!

Options
I'm feeling really down, i put on a few pounds lately since i started eating normally. ( i'm in the process of recovering from anorexia). I know im a "healthy" weight and all, and it's where my body is comfortable, as its the same weight i was before my ed. But I want so badly to restrict again and gain control!! I just need to hear that I won't get fat from eating a healthy amount because i've gained

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling really down, i put on a few pounds lately since i started eating normally. ( i'm in the process of recovering from anorexia). I know im a "healthy" weight and all, and it's where my body is comfortable, as its the same weight i was before my ed. But I want so badly to restrict again and gain control!! I just need to hear that I won't get fat from eating a healthy amount because i've gained
    You CANNOT live without body fat. But you can ensure that you have a healthy %. If you are between 20-25% that's normal. If you want to be athletic, 15-18% is normal. Anything under 15% can be detrimental to you.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Think of it like this:

Imagine a doughnut. If you put you finger through the hole in the middle are you past of the doughnut? Nope!

That's like your digestive system. When you start to put more food into it, you have the weight of food in there. Its not part of you :D
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I know that I feel guilty if I go over on calories or don't make it to the gym, and I need to lose another 20 lbs. Anorexia plays with your mind. Try to let go of one thing a day. One step at a time. I know you must be scared about gaining weight, but you have to get to a healthy body weight. Cyber hugs to you!
  • exercisarah
    Options
    I know exactly where you are right now. I used to have an eating disorder. It was soooo hard letting myself put on weight.. I gained all of the weight I'd lost back, (only about 15-20 lbs, so not overly too much but it was still hard but more than what I wanted to gain back) and now I'm just trying to lose about 10 pounds to weigh 130, which is where I was comfortable at before I started my unhealthy eating habits. It's so hard to not want to turn around and keep restricting calories, and just have to sit and watch the weight come back on.. unfortunately in my situation even though I exercised every day and ate very healthily in proper amounts, I still gained because my body was afraid I was going into a famine mode again.. I'm still messed up 6 months after I finally said no to the lies I kept hearing about my body. You can do this! it will not be easy, but this is a lifestyle, not a temporary thing. I'm still teaching myself that It's okay to eat, and trying to eat in proper amounts. Everyone is different, and everyone's body will react differently, but just know that there is hope - you CAN and you WILL overcome this ugly disease! i'm getting closer each day. It takes baby steps, and a positive attitude, and you just have to remember it takes TIME, but remember again - this is for your health for the rest of your life, and if you're planning on living a long time, the amount of time it takes to get back to normal all of a sudden seems minimal in the long run. I believe in you! if you need support PLEASE do not hesitate to friend me or message me or anything! You are going to beat this thing!

there could never be a more beautiful you - don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops they make you jump through!
  • exercisarah
    Options
    I know exactly where you are right now. I used to have an eating disorder. It was soooo hard letting myself put on weight.. I gained all of the weight I'd lost back, (only about 15-20 lbs, so not overly too much but it was still hard but more than what I wanted to gain back) and now I'm just trying to lose about 10 pounds to weigh 130, which is where I was comfortable at before I started my unhealthy eating habits. It's so hard to not want to turn around and keep restricting calories, and just have to sit and watch the weight come back on.. unfortunately in my situation even though I exercised every day and ate very healthily in proper amounts, I still gained because my body was afraid I was going into a famine mode again.. I'm still messed up 6 months after I finally said no to the lies I kept hearing about my body. You can do this! it will not be easy, but this is a lifestyle, not a temporary thing. I'm still teaching myself that It's okay to eat, and trying to eat in proper amounts. Everyone is different, and everyone's body will react differently, but just know that there is hope - you CAN and you WILL overcome this ugly disease! i'm getting closer each day. It takes baby steps, and a positive attitude, and you just have to remember it takes TIME, but remember again - this is for your health for the rest of your life, and if you're planning on living a long time, the amount of time it takes to get back to normal all of a sudden seems minimal in the long run. I believe in you! if you need support PLEASE do not hesitate to friend me or message me or anything! You are going to beat this thing!

there could never be a more beautiful you - don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops they make you jump through!