hi, im new & i had weight loss surgery

Options
Hi. My name is Kendall. I'm 23 years old, a nursing student and i had weight loss surgery on august 22nd 2011. ive lost 60 pounds as of today. i'm 10 weeks out from surgery and started at 341lbs. today i weight 281lbs. i hope that by using my fitness pal i can better keep track of what im eating and my exercise! good luck to all and feel free to add me :-)

Replies

• poulingail
    Options
    I know that many folks use MFP as a way of keeping track of their new life style. It's about the permanent changes and it sounds like you have come to the right place for supporting the changes you want for a better and healthier life. Welcome to the fun, Kendall.
  • sharonnna
    sharonnna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ! My sister had GBP surgery and was at 243 and now is at 120. It has been about 4 or 5 yrs. It took her a little less than a year to lose 100 pounds. I want to congratulate you for taking the steps to improve your life in the long run. You would have had some bad health problems had you not. I am a retired nurse and also wish you the best in your career choice. I think you will get some good support here. Tracking your food intake is a real plus. I am going into my second week and love it. I am amazed how well people do here. I want to lose about 50 to 75 pounds , so I will be here for a while. Maybe forever I like it so much.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did too...I had it two yrs go!!!
  • palmettosleeve88
    Options
    thanks!:smile:
  • palmettosleeve88
    Options
    wow your sister did great. when i started, i had almost 200 lbs to lose. i hope to lose at least 150 within the next year! ive always wanted to be a nurse. you can do it! good luck :-)
  • palmettosleeve88
    Options
    adymond- how much and how fast did you lose weight after surgery?
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy,
    Sounds like you are getting a fresh start. You are doing great! Keep up the good work and if you need help, just ask.

Andrew
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Hi,
    I too am a nurse and I had gastric bypass one year ago.

As a nurse I fought having the surgery for years thinking, I know how to be healthy I just need the willpower to do all the right things consistently and I will los weight.

I tried and tried for years (I am now 51). Over the last few years my doctors told m that I would not los the weight without surgical help as I had no thyroid, and serious hormonal/metabolic problems.

I finally decided surgery was my onloy hope. Boy, what a difference a year can make.

I had lost from 325 to 280 before my surgery. I now weight 171 and feel great!

I just wish I had the surgery at a younger age!

Hang in there, it is not the easy way out as many say. It is work--but, at least it does WORK--nothing I did befor would get me to this point in my weight loss journey.

This site helps y9ou KEEP IT REAL on a daily basis. Be honest and post everrything you put in your mouth and you will b able to see what works and what hinders your weight loss.

God's blessings on your new life--it is all worth it!:bigsmile:

10324051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    Options
    I started off at 270lbs, lost 10lbs on the two week post surgery diet and with in a year I tracked everything I was down to 199 with in the next 3 months I ending at 182. I did plateau in between some periods really bad, I got really frustrated and at other points I was scared because was loosing 1-5 lbs a day, I was loosing weight so fast and to much muscle selectively working out and I did not want to look like a melting icecream with no way to afford the surgery. :cry:

I slowed my down my weight-loss on purpose tremendously... BIG MISTAKE, I gained 22lbs and went back up to 204, the good thing... with the help of Mollie she kept me on point not sugar coating anything but being supportive all the way :blushing: I went back started exercising and eating what I want, but continuing to watch my calorie intake and taking my vitamins... I am still trying the master the protein in between... Now I am loosing very slowly now:love: I have no saggy skin. I will change by profile picture so you can get the idea... My biggest thing is I am a sistah so I like my butt and boobs and do not want to be without either...lol. I have become a very good advocate for those who have had surgery after me on my job because I can tell you definitely what not to do... Most of my friend who have taking my advise has lost way more weight than I. The friend I am most proud of lost 115 in a yr she is smaller than me she weighed 300 this time last year and now she was around 185. She constantly asked every question big and small! :heart:

If you need any assistance please inbox me or just ask. There are many helpful people on her that are willing to help. I myself like to hear the truth but believe you dont have to be nasty to tell the truth:flowerforyou:
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    Options
    adymond- how much and how fast did you lose weight after surgery?

I started off at 270lbs, lost 10lbs on the two week post surgery diet and with in a year I tracked everything I was down to 199 with in the next 3 months I ending at 182. I did plateau in between some periods really bad, I got really frustrated and at other points I was scared because was loosing 1-5 lbs a day, I was loosing weight so fast and to much muscle selectively working out and I did not want to look like a melting icecream with no way to afford the surgery. :cry:

I slowed my down my weight-loss on purpose tremendously... BIG MISTAKE, I gained 22lbs and went back up to 204, the good thing... with the help of Mollie she kept me on point not sugar coating anything but being supportive all the way :blushing: I went back started exercising and eating what I want, but continuing to watch my calorie intake and taking my vitamins... I am still trying the master the protein in between... Now I am loosing very slowly now:love: I have no saggy skin. I will change by profile picture so you can get the idea... My biggest thing is I am a sistah so I like my butt and boobs and do not want to be without either...lol. I have become a very good advocate for those who have had surgery after me on my job because I can tell you definitely what not to do... Most of my friend who have taking my advise has lost way more weight than I. The friend I am most proud of lost 115 in a yr she is smaller than me she weighed 300 this time last year and now she was around 185. She constantly asked every question big and small! :heart:

If you need any assistance please inbox me or just ask. There are many helpful people on her that are willing to help. I myself like to hear the truth but believe you dont have to be nasty to tell the truth:flowerforyou: