same old lunch

Options
I stay at home and each day pretty much eat the same lunch ( turkey sandwhich). I have tried to eat other things like chicken tenders and salad, but I eat a salad at dinner and dont really like to count the salad dressing twice, if you know what I mean. I dont really like eating hot things for lunch, (I dont know why). Is there anything else that I could possibly eat that isnt a sandwhich?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I stay at home and each day pretty much eat the same lunch ( turkey sandwhich). I have tried to eat other things like chicken tenders and salad, but I eat a salad at dinner and dont really like to count the salad dressing twice, if you know what I mean. I dont really like eating hot things for lunch, (I dont know why). Is there anything else that I could possibly eat that isnt a sandwhich?
  • freyalane
    Options
    What about scrambled eggs on a slice of toast, I love this lunch so much and always look forward to it!
    Or how about a cold pasta salad. Just cook some pasta as normal but while it is cooling down chop up a load of veggies. It goes really well with tuna, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and sweetcorn, then mix it all in. If you don't want to use a dressing why not add some Italian seasoning, or even just a little salt and pepper can liven things up. Hope this helps.
  • RhondaV
    RhondaV Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some fruit, or yogurt, or cereal, or salsa and baked chips, or maybe some tuna and crackers?? Just some ideas.....hope I helped........good luck.
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    smoothy with a banana? i love having that in the summer and on days I'm working out.

also, why not spice up your sandwich? have it on different bread, or rye vita which are crisps. or have a wrap.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    tuna, crackers and a tomato.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, there is merit in eating the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch...

<<In studies, people who eat less varied diets lose more weight. Don’t obsess over pounds or calories. This is all about re-learning to love the healthy, slimming foods your body naturally wants. The whole point is to diet smart, not hard.>>

I've been looking at the You: On a Diet/ Real Age site for some ideas for lunches, see link below. I really love soup for lunch -- it's light yet filling and easy to digest.

http://www.realage.com/DoctorCenter/MealPlanner.aspx
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I usually have a certain amount of staples around for lunches. Soups, sandwich fixins, maybe a lean cuisine now and then. Trader Joes has some great frozen meals. Just read labels. Some are high but one of my addictions right now are their frozen roasted vegetable enchiladas. SO good! If you have a TJ around, check them out.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    You could try, (got this from easy GI book), Boil up some pasta, drain and leave to cook, then had a few cerry tomatoes halved and 1/3 to 1/2 of a pepper (diced). then sprinkle pine nuts over the top. Its a very plain dish but i like it :happy:

Al