Should I take something to make me pee before weigh in.

Options
d2footballJRC
d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
Hey guys I really want to lose a lot of weight on the scales and I was thinking about taking a bunch of water pills, some ex-lax, pound down some Stevia packets and then eat a box of SENSA for the next couple days then step on the scale. How healthy would that be? Also do you think I might have a thyroid issue? When I work out I get hot and there is a definite temperature change in my body.

Oh and by the way should I eat my exercise calories, what if I worked out twice, once with an animal and its my TOM. I really just want to lose a pound of fat but I don't want to gain a pound of muscle because then I'd gain about 4 pounds on the scale.

OKAY NOW BREATHE AND...Now I have your attention, we need to create some sort of general knowledge post. A Do's/Don't/Yes/No general post with answers.

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if people used the search feature, they could find the answers to all their frequently asked questions.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if people used the search feature, they could find the answers to all their frequently asked questions.

I was thinking about that, getting a general page with links to searched topics. I know other forums have them.
  • Littlered9
    Options
    LOL...OMG...this just about killed me. (o;
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hahahaha! I couldn't agree more, and I needed that laugh!!! Thanks ; )
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ha!
    thank god.
    you should have SEEN the look on my face. i though you were serious.
    haha yes!
    agreed
    buuuuumpity bump bump
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    while this is kinda funny...it's not very helpful to make fun of less informed people who come to MFP seeking help and support. If I had posted on forums when I first joined MFP and gotten some of the responses I've seen on here (mean, nasty, snarky, you name it) I would have never stayed with the site and I would have lost a valuable tool that has helped me regain my health and fitness.
    (I usually have more of a sense of humor, but I am feeling crummy...)
  • tabithon
    tabithon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I cracked up reading your post, too funny, but I have seen a lot of questions along those lines.
    I agree with spammyanna, though, they could easily find the answer if they did a search. If we need to answer the question of whether or not to take a box of ex-lax before "weigh in", I don't think they have quite gotten the point of MFP; it is a lifestyle change! :happy:

Edited for a LONG run-on sentence.
  • latinahada
    Options
    Agree!! Too funny!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yes. No. To get to the other side. Uh, 1.77245...
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    okay it was a joke..lol.cool:)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I really want to lose a lot of weight on the scales and I was thinking about taking a bunch of water pills, some ex-lax, pound done some Stevia packets and then eat a box of SENSA for the next couple days then step on the scale. How healthy would that be. Also do you think I might have a thyroid issue? When I work out I get hot and there is a definite temperature change in my body.

Oh and by the way should I eat my exercise calories, what if I worked out twice, once with an animal and its my TOM. I really just want to lose a pound of fat but I don't want to gain a pound of muscle because then I'd gain about 4 pounds on the scale.

OKAY NOW BREATHE AND...Now I have your attention, we need to create some sort of general knowledge post. A Do's/Don't/Yes/No general post with answers.

I say YES to all of the above. Do everything at one time and that way you can be an expert on what REALLY works, thus being able to proselytize your weight-loss truth to the masses.
  • justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am so relieved that you're kidding.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do all that AND get on the brewskis and scarf meat lovers pizza all weekend. Is that a balanced diet with lots of protein?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this because I thought it was the same person that was asking if they should take a laxative before their weigh-in...

The problem is, even when you DO search half the time the thread is full of wrong and contradictory information. I know this because I posted an answer with references to a question earlier today, and several other people just posted random crap answers. Maybe you should be able to vote up/vote down responses like on reddit.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    while this is kinda funny...it's not very helpful to make fun of less informed people who come to MFP seeking help and support. If I had posted on forums when I first joined MFP and gotten some of the responses I've seen on here (mean, nasty, snarky, you name it) I would have never stayed with the site and I would have lost a valuable tool that has helped me regain my health and fitness.

It;s why I put it in chit chat and not the general nutrition. I'm thinking we should come up with the top topics.. And have links to them. People are more likely to read a sticky then a search feature and we could just link the sticky instead of the snarky responses.

Topics I would include on main post:

How to weigh in
    HCG
    Exercise Calories
    Starvation Mode

that is off the top of my head.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes. No. To get to the other side. Uh, 1.77245...

we don't need to know the square root of pi.....
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

You would think. But I have lost count of how many times someone has started a post with: "So I used the search feature and there were a million different opinions, so do I eat back my exercise calories or not?"
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I clicked on this because I thought it was the same person that was asking if they should take a laxative before their weigh-in...

The problem is, even when you DO search half the time the thread is full of wrong and contradictory information. I know this because I posted an answer with references to a question earlier today, and several other people just posted random crap answers. Maybe you should be able to vote up/vote down responses like on reddit.

That is why a general info sticky would rock. We could link to the correct info.. Ex. LadyHawks Starvation Mode topic.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options

It;s why I put it in chit chat and not the general nutrition. I'm thinking we should come up with the top topics.. And have links to them. People are more likely to read a sticky then a search feature and we could just link the sticky instead of the snarky responses.

How to weigh in
    HCG
    Exercise Calories
    Starvation Mode

How could you forget TOM? one of the most common threads on here *bangs head on cement*
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

How to weigh in
    HCG
    Exercise Calories
    Starvation Mode

How could you forget TOM? one of the most common threads on here *bangs head on cement*

I'm a man. I just put my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, and go la la la la.. when people talk about TOM.