Looking for partners or group to join.

Options
My brother is getting married March 4.
On a cruise.
In the Caribbean.
He has asked me to stand with him.

I'm currently at 230, and my eventual goal is 180. I've already lost 100 and kept most of it off, but that has been several years ago and under different circumstances.

I'm looking for people to friend and to help keep me honest...and, pointers to any groups that may help me with my journey.

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to taking an awesome trip with you guys!

Replies

• denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    this is a great place to start...lots of tools to help you keep up with everything and lots of support from people doing the same thing you are...feel free to add me if you'd like...:happy:
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am the NEW moderator of the T.H.E. (trying hard everyday) Team & want to extend an invitation to you to check out our group. T.H.E. is a group of supportive women who are all going through the same thing (in more ways than one) right now on our journey to lose weight & get healthy.
    I joined MFP 11 months ago & found the T.H.E. group soon after joining. I have been through a lot this year (medically & family)& the girls have been a great support team for me.
    The team had been running for awhile, then life got in the way for a lot of members & we all lost touch. I contacted the person running the group if I could take it over & she handed me the reins. Slowly, the previous (I won't say old) members are returning & some new members have joined us as well. Hopefully you will join us as well?
    In re-introducing the T.H.E. group & welcoming everyone to the forum, I posted a note that we were wiping the slate clean & starting fresh.
    Weigh-in days are on Mondays. For me, that the best day to weigh in (the weekend is behind me & I can focus on the week ahead when it comes to losing weight) & then not foul up on the following weekend because I have to step on the scale again every Monday morning. Dr. Oz. says that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up.Roll out of bed, visit the bathroom & step on the scale.
    The only thing that we ask, but you don't HAVE to tell us is your starting weight (S/W) when you joined MFP, what your goal weight is (G/W) if you know where you'd like to be & what your current weight (C/W) is

Go to the MESSAGE BOARDS & look under MOTIVATION & SUPPORT for the T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday) October '11 link. That is where you can join our team.

I hope to see you on the forum.
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • hbar98
    hbar98 Posts: 39
    Options
    denisegolden: request sent!
    HawaiianDreamer: I'll think about joining, if you don't mind a guy in the group. ;)
    Emberlure: done!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing weight-loss already. The little bit that you have left is a piece of cake! :O) You are in the right place looking for support, motivation and encouragement. Feel free to add me, too, if you'd like. The best of luck to you!
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    add me! I am new and definitely looking for motivators/willing to motivate others as well :)
  • hbar98
    hbar98 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm bumping this because the friends I've gotten here have been awesome!

I'm still building support, so feel free to send me a FR.

I'm working on cardio and some easy/moderate lifting (working through some joint issues), so anyone who has some experience they would like to impart...

Thanks again!