Clothes

Options
Now here is a good question: Do you get rid of your "bigger" clothes, or do you keep them maybe in the basement, just in case???? I went through all of my jeans about 4 weeks ago and got rid of so many of them and kept ones that were comfy. Tonight, I tried them all on once again, and found a bunch that are way too big and some that I now have in the washing machine in HOT water to see if they shirink. Should I keep the ones that are too big or take them to the second hand store. I don't plan on ever gaining the weight back, but I never planning on gaining it in the first place. What are you guys doing with your "bigger" clothes???

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM.
    Options
    I ditch them. It's useless clutter around the house and closet anyway. In my personally experience, if you lost your weight through developing healthy habits, then it's tough to gain that weight back. I have never gone back up a jean size since I started working out and eating well (5 years now and counting). I kept my old pants for a while, but I just never had a reason to go back to them.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Donate them!!!
  • Rachelbluegirl
    Rachelbluegirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get rid of them! Keeping them for "just in case" is setting yourself up for failure, in my opinion. :) Each size I've dropped, I've gotten rid of the clothes that are too big. That way, if I need to go up a size, it will be more conscious than just digging through my closet for my "fat" clothes. I'll actually have to go through the pain of buying bigger clothing. Don't be afraid - toss them out and say "Good riddance!" :)
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them and the thought that you will get back into them again!!! Way to go!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I post on my MFP status or in a thread what I have and try to find someone that is in that size that could use my good clothes.
  • gumonyershoe
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Actually, the problem that I"m running into at the moment is I just don't want to buy new clothes 'cause I know I plan on losing more weight.
  • jaceykay
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM ... Never look back! You have started a journey to a new you and you deserve some new, super cute jeans and clothes!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You're "removing" weight in order to transform yourself into a healthier you, so why not "remove" all those clothes that remind you of the unhealthy you? New day....New clothes!
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Actually, the problem that I"m running into at the moment is I just don't want to buy new clothes 'cause I know I plan on losing more weight.

Agree!!!!!!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, even if god forbid the weight comes back, fashions will change and fitting back into your fat clothes will be mentally more damaging than new clothes the same size
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I also say get rid of them.

Also for those of you that need "in between" clothes, because you're planning to lose more: Target always has coupons for clothes at Target.com. You can print off two per computer. Usually they are for $3 or $5 off. There is no minimum to these, so I raid the clearance section and get free clothes all the time (I'm not very picky about style... just has to be basic and not too out there). This has really helped me in the past with both pants and shirts and even bathing suits, as I just can't afford new clothes, but all of my clothes are getting too loose :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    give em to good will. :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am saving them all and going to have a garage sale after I hit my goal weight and use the money to help buy a new wardrobe. I will pretty much be starting over from scratch! :) I have already had to spend a lot of money on clothes and I've only gone down 2 sizes... I'm a 16 and I'm hoping to be around an 8 so I have many more to go through and buy. It's a GOOD thing, but also very expensive.
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I shop at Goodwill! I've found some of my favorite clothes there!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you're someone who buys a new wardrobe every year anyway, get rid of them.
    If you usually hold onto your clothes until they wear out, I'd hold on to them.
    Realistically, most people do gain back the weight they lose. I have in the past. Though I'm determined not to put it on again this time and will make every effort not to, I know that the chances are that sooner or later, I will at least temporarily regain some weight.
    I really don't think ditching my old clothes will help prevent that. And I really don't want to spend money on a wardrobe full of fat clothes if it does happen.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Donate and then..... CELEBRATE!

Treat yourself to a new pair and show yourself off!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ship em off to GoodWill. I've been doing a lot of that lately. and because I plan on losing even more weight, I have been shopping there as well - you really can't beat $5 pants!
  • Rewinds
    Options
    I would get rid of them (but being extremely lazy me they sit in the cupboard...the moths have a lovely home now)
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did hesitate but i GOT RID

i dont even want them there as a safety net, if i start feeling my new smaller clothes are starting to get tight ill know to cut back and get back to where i need to be because they are the only clothes i have

I took em all down to the charity shop - the ones i didnt feel good/nice enough i recycled.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!