a Mama trying to stay focused

Options
Hello Everyone!
My ultimate goal is to make healthy eating my lifestyle.
I have a three year old daughter.
So I NEED a lot of MOMS!
My biggest struggle is staying focus on my eating because I feed my daughter diff stuff that I can't eat. I'm single and go to school so preparing my meals gets to be quit a chore and struggle as well.
I also want to learn how to teacch her healthy habits without taking her nutrition away, because she is so young!

Thanks everyone and add me for support! I will def return the favor!!

-Anelica :)

Replies

• aparrella82
    Options
    Hello Anelica,
    I'm a mom too. I have two kids 14 and 13 with busy schedules. I understand how hard it is to stay focused and prepare nutritious meals especially when time is short and i thrive on convenience. Hang in there it gets easier!
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am also a single mom. I have a 5 year old and work full time so I know the lack of time (and energy) feeling. What does she eat that you can't? One of the biggest things for me is that I don't restrict myself. And fortunately, my son likes a lot of healthy foods.

Chicken, broccoli, carrots, potatoes are staples. I try to cook chicken breasts but often end up just stopping for a rotisserie chicken on my way home. One easy meal that my son loves if soup and grilled cheese sandwich. I use a can of campbell's soup (usually Toy Story or Cars chicken noodle soup) and add chicken and carrots for my son and have something like minestrone soup and add chicken for me. The extra chicken provides a little extra protein and filler. I use just enough butter on the grilled cheese to make it "grill."

Yes, I could be healthier and make my own soup with less sodium and more veggies but I usually just plain don't have time. I wish you the best in finding the balance for both of you. Make it about being health and energy and not about weight and your daughter will grow up with healthy attitudes towards food.