Nutella vs Peanut Butter

Options
Whats the big deal and which is better for weight loss?

I love peanut butter! It is a huge down fall of mine..but I haven't ate it in a while.

Also has anyone tried Nutella..what was your reaction?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Nutella is fantastic. Very high in sugar, and not as nutritionally sound as peanut butter. Peanut butter is my weakness... I often find myself with the jar in one hand and a spoon in the other!
    A little peanut butter never hurt anyone :D
    It's full of healthy monounsaturated fats!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    nutella is so yummy!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter anyday anytime.
  • aliveandfree22
    aliveandfree22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love all of the above. Nutella seems more like a dessert spread to me. Peanut butter is just addicting.
    I really want to try hazelnut butter and almond butter. Yum!!
  • madrsmith
    Options
    I love both, Nutella a little more. I pretty much alternate between the two, depending on what I feel like having. I'm not sure which is healthier, but my guess is peanut butter because Nutella has a lot of sugar.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    How is almond butter?
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella because I LOVE chocolate, but peanut butter has more protein and less sugar.... I guess it's a good change up when you want something different. Same serving size and calories....
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Nutella is amazing, but has way too much unnatural stuff in it. Try natural peanut butter - one in which the only ingredient is peanuts.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes where people make their own pb or nutella! Looks so easy, I'd love to try it sometime. Or even almond butter. I love nutella but I don't classify it as healthy. Its more of an indulgence for me.
  • WilliamD80
    WilliamD80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I love peanut butter! It is a huge down fall of mine..but I haven't ate it in a while.

Thanks in advance!

Nutella = nectar of the gods !!!
  • gumonyershoe
    Options
    If I'm remembering correctly, Nutella has a lot more sugar and carbs and still is around the same calories. I choose PB because I watch carbs and calories and Nutella just isn't worth it to me. Though it is kind of tasty.
    Peanut Butter (Simply Jiff to be exact) is a staple in my household. I usually eat a spoonful of PB for breakfast and I'm usually pretty good to go until lunch time.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

Nutella = nectar of the gods !!!

Exactly. Sadly, its not the most nutritionally sound decision.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I prefer peanut butter :D
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I loooooooove Nutella! If it wasn't so high in calories I'd eat it every day! But, if you can control yourself and stop after a tbsp or so it's not too bad. Hard to do though, the stuff is like crack :laugh:
  • mbb0301
    Options
    My daughter likes to put them both together......she says it tastes like reese's peanut butter cups.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Peanut Butter FTW!
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    Nutella, though delicious, is far from being better than anything for weightloss........

Peanut butter is better by far I think but what would be even better is getting a peanut butter made just of nuts.

Sanitarium are a good brand in Australia and I heard there's a new macro brand.

I havent tried them yet but almond, macadaimia and cashew butters are meant to be quite good :-)
  • Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :smile: I Love pb But have been curious to try Nutelle & I want to Try Natural PB Thanks for posting this & thanks to all the helpful comments you are all Great!!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter!! And more than that, I love Justins organic chocolate hazelnut butter!!! Like nutella but a bit less sweet... And I can usually convince myself that I'm being healthy because it is all natural. Yum...