Kettleworx

Options
Hi, I have just ordered myself 2 Kettle Worx DVD's and a kettle ball and was just wondering if anyone had done these work outs and what they think of them? Figured I needed to try something new as starting to get bored with the things I am doing, this seems quite fun and easy enough to do at home.

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am interested in this also as I have just ordered mine too (delivery tomorrow). What is the ideal starter weight for a female? i bought the triple set, 2,3 & 4kgs. Already started viewing workout videos on youtube
  • karnypops
    karnypops Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the ideal weight would be but I have bought a 3kg and 4kg weight aswell, think those would be pretty good starting weights and ordered 2 kettleworx DVD's on ebay. I ended up getting sucked in by watching a class on the fitness channel and just usung dumbells but i quite liked it and think if you really get into it you will see results, never thought of youtube tho so think I'll check that out too :)
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting kettlebells since the beginning of June. I workout w/ them four times a week in a bootcamp class held at our high school weight room. I have loved every minute of it and have gotten so much stronger over the past 5 months! The strength coach who instructs the class does not recommend Kettleworx -- however, he has been persaonally trained by the Russian who introduced kettlebells to the United States, so you can see why. You can look up Dragon Door on the internet and learn more about kettlebells there and more about the man who brought it over from Russia, Pavel T.

I don't have cable TV so I have never seen Kettleworx -- I'm sure it will be a good starting point for you. Personally, I love training in a group setting with other people and someone leading the workout -- it keeps it new, exciting, and social. You can look up instructors in your area to see if anyone is certified where you live.

In June, I started lifting with the 8 kg KB = 18 lbs. That was the lightest in the gym and all the women started w/ that weight. I rarely use that one anymore, mostly use the 11 kg = 25 lbs or the 15 kg = 35 lbs. So you can see I have gotten stronger quickly in just 5 months. I think having a personal instructor helps. With KB's you get stronger, plus you can get a great cardio workout, as well!!

As I write this, I am sore from yesterdays workout -- my obliques, my back, biceps, forearms. It is saying something about KB's if you can work your body and continue to be sore 5 months later.

Another really cool workout/gym I just learned about is CrossFit. It incorporates KB's plus a ton of other really awesome lifts/moves/workouts. I would like to try that someday -- the locations where they offer it in my area are just a little too far from my house right now to squeeze it in.

I love KB's and will always use them in the future. It is a good way to break up a boring routine and become strong and fit. Good luck! :smile:
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started with 5kg. Using 7.5 or 8 now and on the odd occasion I use 10kg.
  • karnypops
    karnypops Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) think I might be starting with to light a weight but we'll see, looking forward to starting it tho, I like that it's really meant to tone you up too.
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought the 5 and 10 lb KB and am starting the program today - any words of wisdom? I love the workout - I know the video quality sucks...but whatever works.